Skillet Lasagna is a comforting and cheesy one pot meal. With only 8 ingredients, this easy meal comes together in just 30 minutes and is perfect for dinner any night of the week!
One Pot Lasagna
One pot meals are the best! I’ve come to find that my mood is inversely correlated to the amount of dirty dishes in my sink. The less dishes, the happier I am, and the more dish there are, the crankier (and less productive) I am. That’s why meals like this Skillet Lasagna make me so happy.
Not only will you have less dishes to do with this meal, but it only takes 8 simple ingredients, two of which are cheese. Can’t go wrong with using just one pot, a few ingredients and cheese. Am I right?!
How to make Skillet Lasagna:
To start out, you cook the beef, onions, and garlic together until browned. Before adding anything else, drain the meat. I used to ladle out the grease but I’ve found that pouring everything into a strainer is much faster and thorough.
The next step is to add in the marinara sauce. You can use whatever brand you prefer. If you’re looking for a inexpensive option, I suggest Hunt’s traditional pasta sauce that comes in a large can. You’ll also add in the beef broth. I actually use beef bouillon with water since it’s more cost effective and takes up less space in my pantry/fridge. You could use just water but the beef broth/bouillon adds such a depth of flavor.
Toss in the noodles into the skillet and bring it all to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and let it all simmer together. It does need to be stirred occasionally (every 3-4 minutes) to make sure the noodles cook evenly. The noodles will cook and the sauce will thicken as it simmers. Once the noodles are al dente, turn off the heat and stir in half of the mozzarella. Dot the top with ricotta cheese, sprinkle on more mozzarella, and cover the skillet so that all the cheese melts. That’s all it takes!
Our family always love cheesy pasta dishes, so I’m sure you could guess that it was well-received. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Complete the meal by also making:
For more pasta dishes, check out:
- Pasta Con Broccoli
- Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Cheesy Garlic Tortellini Pasta
- Italian Sausage Pasta
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 ounces farfalle noodles about 2 cups
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Place beef, onions, and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until meat is browned. Drain off the fat and then add in the marinara sauce, beef broth, and noodles. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and let it simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are al dente.
- Stir in half of the mozzarella cheese and then dot the top with ricotta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, cover and let it sit for 2-4 minutes until cheese melts. Serve immediately.