Fresh Arugula salad is loaded with healthy greens, juicy tomatoes, and parmesan shavings with pine nuts and creamy avocado on top!
Arugula Parmesan Salad
Give me all the healthy salad recipes! I can’t get enough of salads these days. But not just any salads—they have to be full of flavor or it gets boring. This recipe is anything but boring….I love this arugula parmesan salad because it has some of my favorite ingredients in it. Tomatoes? Check. Parmesan cheese? Check. The colors of these salad are giving me all the heart eyes!
Eat this salad on the side of a hearty dinner to lighten things up a bit. Or, use it for a healthy lunch idea. You can easily prep ingredients ahead of time and just toss with the dressing before you’re ready to eat. Easy, healthy, and yummy.
How to make A Simple Arugula Salad
You can whip up this salad super fast! Grab these ingredients:
- young arugula leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- rice vinegar
- parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Combine everything (except the avocado) together in a large bowl with a lid. Make sure the bowl is covered and shake everything together to mix well. Slice up the avocado into thin slices and serve on top of the salad.
Arugula Salad Dressing
You definitely want a dressing like a vinaigrette to lightly coat the arugula and give it a nice light flavor. This recipe combines olive oil and rice vinegar together to make a simple, but tasty, dressing.
You can change up the vinegars by using red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, etc. You can also substitute oils by using grape-seed oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, etc.
Tips & Variations
You can start with the same base of arugula leaves and a vinaigrette, but instead off tomatoes, pine nuts and avocado, you can dress it up with some of these ingredient combos!
- Red grapes, avocado, and pecans.
- Cucumber, tomatoes, greek olives.
- Chopped apple, red onion, and feta or parmesan cheese.
- Sun dried tomatoes, parmesan or fresh mozzarella, and pine nuts.
- Apple, pecans, purple onion, parmesan, and lemon juice (still topped with a vinaigrette).
This salad is pretty versatile, so you could eat is as a side dish to a wide variety of meals including:
For more healthy salad recipes, check out:
Arugula Salad Recipe
- 4 cups young arugula leaves rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Combine arugula, tomatoes, nuts, oil, vinegar, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, in a large bowl with a lid. Cover, and shake well to mix.
- Top with avocado slices and serve