Hi Lil Luna readers, this is Lauren, visiting from TastesBetterFromScratch.com, and I’m excited to share this awesome pizza recipe with you!
I am a HUGE homemade pizza lover–we have it almost weekly at our house. Some of my favorites include this Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza and Pesto Veggie Pizza, but this Chicken Alfredo Pizza is always, always a winner. Really though, what’s not to like?! Simple homemade alfredo sauce…YUM. Chicken, bacon, and mozzarella…YUM. Put them all together and I’m drooling just thinking about it.
The most important part to making homemade pizza is having a fantastic pizza dough recipe. I’ve literally tried dozens and dozens of different pizza crust recipes and after much trial and error, finally landed on the perfect pizza crust recipe. It’s crisp on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside and customizable for those that like thin crust and those like thicker pizza crust. It’s seriously the best. And pair that awesome homemade crust with this Chicken Alfredo recipe and you’ve got yourself a mighty fine homemade pizza!
- Crust for one large pizza
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine butter, garlic, cream and milk. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and beaten egg yolk, whisking vigorously so the egg doesn't cook. Set aside to cool while you assemble your pizza.
- Roll/stretch your dough into a 12-14'' circle. Transfer to a pizza pan sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled lightly with cornmeal. I like to pre-bake my crust for 5 minutes at 475 degrees F. Remove crust from oven. Spoon half of the alfredo sauce over the crust and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly over the top. Sprinkle chopped chicken, bacon, and onion evenly over top. Drizzle with remaining alfredo sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. (At this point I like to brush the outer crust with olive oil or melted butter. Optional.)
- Return to oven to bake for 7-10 minutes more, or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
Oh boy, this looks amazing!
Lauren has combined two of my favorite things – Chicken Alfredo + Pizza. Can’t go wrong with that!
For more great recipes from her, be sure to head to Tastes Better from Scratch.
For more delicious recipes, be sure to check out:
For all dinner ideas on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!