Cheesy chicken Alfredo pasta is a go-to dinner meal in our house. Creamy sauce mixed in with fettuccine pasta and sautéed chicken. A one-pot meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Alfredo is a classic dinner recipe that the entire family loves. Whether your are serving with chicken or a more simple fettuccine Alfredo or even a casserole version, this pasta dish is a keeper – especially since it’s all made in one pot!
favorite chicken fettuccine alfredo
We have chicken fettuccine Alfredo almost weekly at our house. My kids are always asking if we can have it for dinner. Fettuccine is the ultimate comfort food with it being so creamy and cheesy. Add chicken to it and you’ve got the best dinner meal.
Don’t be intimated by the homemade Alfredo sauce—it’s super easy to make! What is better than heavy cream, butter, and cheese? And it tastes ten times better than any store-bought sauce.
Did I mention this is a ONE-POT meal? Give me all the one-pot meals. Nothing is more appealing to me than easy dinner clean up. I know your family will love this recipe as much as we do!
How to Make Chicken Alfredo
CHICKEN. The first step is seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil on a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken on each side until browned. About 7-8 minutes per side.
Let the chicken rest on a plate for 10 minutes. Slice the chicken and set aside while you make the pasta and sauce.
ALFREDO SAUCE & NOODLES. Using the same skillet, add the milk, broth, and garlic. Add the salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add in your dry pasta noodles and stir around for 3 minutes. Continue cooking the noodles for 8 minutes.
Add in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir everything to combine. Simmer until the sauce thickens (a couple minutes).
GARNISH. Stir in the chicken and serve! Garnish with a little fresh parsley and (of course!!) more parmesan cheese. You can never have too much cheese with your Alfredo sauce.
You can also use different kinds of pasta. Try bowtie or penne if you’re wanting a smaller bite. I also love using angel hair pasta. However you cook this dish, I know it’s going to become one of your favorites too!
Can I add veggies to this Alfredo? When I want to beef up this dish a bit, I add some veggies.
Broccoli or asparagus are great options and both taste great. Really anything would taste good with these cheesy cream sauce on top of it.
NEED TO FEED A CROWD?
How much Chicken Alfredo for holiday meals? Chicken Alfredo is a must-make dish for the holidays or for when company comes over. It’s a classic comfort meal that everyone loves.
This recipe makes about 4-5 servings. Make sure to double this recipe if you want to make it for around 10 people. You can even triple it or quadruple it if you need it for larger groups. Make sure to use a very large pot if you’re going make it for a big group of people. Here is a quick guide to help:
- 1 batch = 4-5 people
- Double batch = 8-10 people
- Triple batch = 12-15 people
- Quadruple batch = 16-20 people
Alfredo recipe tips:
Can you freeze chicken Alfredo? I do not recommend freezing fettuccine Alfredo. It will be mushy if you try to reheat it and the sauce might separate. But you can store this in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave for a minute or two until heated through.
What to serve with Chicken Alfredo? We always serve some sort of bread along side our chicken Alfredo pasta. You need something to soak up the extra sauce! Here are some of our favorites:
You really can’t go wrong with this recipe – a classic and loved by all!!
For more alfredo recipes, try:
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Zucchini Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
- Cheesy Alfredo Potatoes
- Fettuccine Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 8-12 oz. fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- parsley for garnish, optional
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook on skillet until cooked through (about 7-8 minutes per side).
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes and then slice - set aside.
- Make your alfredo sauce by adding milk, broth and garlic to the skillet. Add salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add dry fettuccine noodles to the sauce making sure to stir often for about 3 minutes. Cook the noodles for 8 additional minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan to the sauce and stir until combined. Simmer for a few additional minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in chicken and serve or add noodles to a plate and add sliced chicken on top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and/or additional Parmesan cheese.