Zucchini Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups are cheesy & comforting. This easy dish only needs six ingredients & takes only 30 minutes to make!
Cheesy chicken & zucchini alfredo roll ups are a great alternative to a carb loaded meal. It is still cheesy while serving up an extra portion of veggies! For more zucchini heroes try Zucchini Boats and Zucchini Casserole.
Zucchini + Alfredo = DELICIOUS!
I’m always on the hunt for delicious dinner recipes that involve chicken and veggies. Today’s recipe is one that our family has really enjoyed. It’s cheesy and comforting without being overly indulgent.
Best part is these chicken Alfredo roll ups only require 6 ingredients and take just over 30 minutes to make. Perfect for rushed weeknight dinners or for a cozy weekend meal.
To make this dish, you’ll need an extra large zucchini, a jar of your favorite Alfredo sauce (or homemade), shredded chicken (rotisserie works great), shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley. That’s it!! Simple enough, right?
Rolling them up and waiting for them to bake is the most time consuming part of this recipe, but trust me, the wait is worth it! The zucchini “noodles” bake up beautifully, nice and tender. So good you’ll wonder why you ever used pasta!
P.S. if you’re making the sauce from scratch and want something a little lighter, try using this recipe- it has rave reviews! I hope you’ll give these roll ups a try, I think you’re really going to love them!
Making zucchini roll ups
PREP. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×5 or 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
ZUCCHINI. Using a mandolin or a large chef’s knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise into ⅛-inch thick slices. You’ll need about 12.
CHICKEN. Place shredded chicken over the top of a zucchini slice, then top with 1 tablespoon of the alfredo sauce. Roll up tightly and place into the pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
SAUCE. Pour the remaining sauce over top, then sprinkle cheese over.
BAKE. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the zucchini “noodles” are fully cooked. Remove and garnish with parsley. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Tips + Storing Info
A mandolin is a kitchen tool used to thinly and evenly slice vegetables. If you do not have one you can simply use a sharp kitchen knife. Just be sure to cut the strips as evenly as possible.
Normally I recommend using medium zucchinis in my recipes, but because you want to have a little more width for the zucchini strips I recommend using a large zucchini. However, the larger the zucchini the more liquid it has, especially homegrown zucchinis. Before you assemble the roll ups you’ll want to remove as much liquid as possible from the zucchini so your dish doesn’t get watered down.
- Once you have cut the zucchini strips lightly salt each piece.
- Lay the strips down on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel in a single layer.
- Allow them to sit for about 10 minutes. The salt will help draw out the water and the towels will soak it up.
STORE the leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. REHEAT in the oven or microwave until warm throughout.
More Zucchini recipes:
Chicken Alfredo Zucchini Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 large thick zucchini
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie works great)
- 2 cups alfredo sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley or fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×5 or 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Using a mandolin or a large chef's knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise into ⅛-inch thick slices. You'll need about 12.
- Place shredded chicken over the top of a zucchini slice, then top with 1 tablespoon of the alfredo sauce. Roll up tightly and place into the pan. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the remaining sauce over top, then sprinkle cheese over.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the zucchini "noodles" are fully cooked. Remove and garnish with parsley. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you Natalie! Head over to Life Made Simple for more delicious recipes from Natalie!