As I’ve grown up I’ve developed a huge love for green veggies. They definitely were NOT my favorite as a kid, but now I love all salads, broccoli, snow peas, cucumbers, zucchini – you name it! Since broccoli is a favorite, I wanted to share a recipe for Parmesan Roasted Broccoli. It has hints of lemon, garlic and cheese making it a new favorite way to prepare the green vegetable.
The hubby and I have been trying to eat healthier and have definite plans to be better once baby comes, but each night we try to have a veggie with our meal. Unfortunately, I wish the kids were as willing to eat the veggies, but they stick to the carrots and fruits that we also serve at dinner time. With this recipe being as simple as it is, we plan to make this roasted broccoli more often because it really is so simple and tasty. You can easily modify it to your liking with different spices and such, but we loved it as is.
Coated and sprinkled with cheese.
Roasted to perfection!
To be honest, I think any veggie served like this would be delicious. I may have to try zucchini and asparagus spears next time we make this or even make a medley of veggies. It really was delicious!
For more broccoli recipes, check out:
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 broccoli heads cut into medium florets
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 425.
- Line Baking sheet with foil or grease baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Strain oil and discard garlic pieces.
- Whisk in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss broccoli with oil mixture and spread onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 22 minutes tossing broccoli once during baking time. ENJOY warm!