Baked Sweet Potato Cubes – these oven roasted sweet potatoes are easy to make, flavorful and have a tasty Parmesan cheese and spices coating making them our new favorite side dish.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato cubes
Roasting sweet potatoes is easier than you think. We will show you how easy it is to do with today’s recipe for Baked Sweet Potato Cubes. It was inspired by our recipe for Baked Parmesan Potatoes that we’ve made for years.
We tried the recipe using sweet potatoes and fell in love with the combo of sweet and savory the potatoes and seasonings provide. The best part about these oven roasted sweet potatoes is that it’s super simple. It took just about 5 minutes to throw together and then we had to bake them for about 20 minutes.
They were so good and were literally gone in minutes!
How to roast sweet potato cubes
To make these roasted sweet potato cubes, you’ll begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
CUBE + SEASON. From there, peel and cube the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Set these aside and combine the garlic, oil, butter, salt, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a Ziploc bag and mix well.
TOSS. Toss the potatoes in the bag until they are well coated. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet that has been greased.
BAKE. Spread the sweet potatoes on the cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with dried parsley, if desired. Easy and delicious!
baked Sweet Potato cubes Tips + Tricks
We love serving these cubes as is, but for even added flavor like to add:
- chopped parsley
- Shaved Parmesan
- chives/green onions
How to make crispy sweet potato cubes? These cubes end up soft and a tid crispy but to make them even more crispy, be sure to flip half way through and broil for the last minute or two.
Can you reheat sweet potato cubes? Just store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheat in the microwave or back in the oven for 10 minutes to get them crispy again.
These Parmesan sweet potatoes are great for the holidays. Since the recipe only calls for 2 potatoes, take note of that when doubling, tripling or even quadrupling. Here is a guide to help with that knowing that 2 potatoes serves 2-3 people
- 2 people – 2 potatoes
- 5 people – 3-4 potatoes
- 10 people – 8 potatoes
- 15 people – 10-11 potatoes
- 20 people – 15-16 potatoes
We hope you enjoy these roasted sweet potato cubes as much as we did! They will be a great addition at any meal or holiday dinner. And they can be easily changed up based on the seasonings you use, so let us know if you try other variations so we can share them here!
For more roasted veggie side dishes, try:
For more sweet potato recipes, check out:
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- dried parsley for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place butter, oil, Parmesan, garlic, garlic salt and Italian seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag and mix well.
- Add sweet potatoes and shake until well coated.
- Place coated sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 18–22 minutes.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with dried parsley, if desired.