Buttery smooth mashed sweet potatoes that elevate any meal you’re making. With maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and more, you will love the combination of sweet and savory these potatoes have to offer.
Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Don’t wait until the holidays to make mashed sweet potatoes. You’d be robbing yourself of delicious joy! Make these easy mashed sweet potatoes any time of the year! Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t ????. If they do, tell them I told you that you could.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I love the velvety smooth texture of mashed sweet potatoes. Topped with a little butter. Mmmmm! These are the perfect side dish for just about any meal. Steak, turkey, chicken, pork, you name it! Mashed sweet potatoes are definitely a family favorite over at this house. They are always gone in minutes. How could they not be? Everything about this recipe is a winner. You can taste the touch of spice and sweet syrup mixed in with the potatoes. That first bite just melts in your mouth. I can almost taste it just writing about it.
How to Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes aren’t made much differently then regular mashed potatoes. So you’ve got this. You know what you’re doing. But I’ll walk you through it just in case ????.
- Start by cutting your sweet potatoes into smallish cubes.
- Then bring a large pot of water on the stove to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the cubes of sweet potatoes (you’ll want to cook the potatoes until they are fork tender). This will take anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer for the next part. It will help make the potatoes way less lumpy and way more smooth – smooth as buttah.
- Blend the potatoes on low while adding the milk a little at a time. Add the butter and maple syrup and blend until mixed and smooth. Then fold in the spices and salt.
Simple and so tasty. Serve warm on the side of your dinner! Add a little extra cube of butter on top if you wish and watch everyone fall in love with this sweet potato mash recipe.
For more sweet potato recipes, check out:
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Skins
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe
Buttery smooth mashed sweet potatoes that elevate any meal you're making. With maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and more, you will love the combination of sweet and savory these potatoes have to offer.
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Add water to a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add cubed potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Using an electric mixer, blend potatoes on low, adding milk a little at a time.
Blend in butter and maple until smooth. Serve warm.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 6 servings, 55 min
- ANY CHANGES MADE: added nutmeg/cinnamon
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Adapted from allrecipes