Do you love POTATO SKINS?? They’re one of our favorite appetizers as well as one of our guilty pleasures when we go out to eat. There’s just something about potatoes, cheese and bacon that are so irresistible. Do you agree?? Well, a few years ago I finally mastered how to make these at home, and they’re amazing!! Since the hubby and I both love sweet potatoes, I thought I’d try making a Sweet Potato skins version and the result was even better than I could imagine. They were so flavorful and addicting!! In fact, I may like them better than the regular potato skins.
The trick to making delicious skins is to make sure the skins taste as good as the rest of the potato. That is why we end up making them Parmesan crusted. It adds so much flavor to the overall recipe and anyone who tries them comments on how delicious the entire potato is.
Check out the butter, Parmesan and spices all over the potatoes!
Load it up with cheese and bacon and you’re set.
This recipe is definitely one to make for anyone that loves sweet potatoes. If they love tater skins too, then this is even better. This recipe makes the most delicious skins that will be great as a side dish or appetizer at any party!
For more sweet potato recipes, check out:
Sweet Potato Skins Recipe
- 5 small sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 10 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions/chives
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pierce potatoes with fork and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely when done.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and scoop out ½ of the pulp. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Mix well.
- Brush this mixture over the tops and bottoms of each potato skin.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Cut in half cross-wise. Add cheese and bacon and bake for 3-4 more minutes.
- Sprinkle on green onions or chives. Serve warm with ranch or sour cream