Sausage mixed with delicious seasonings like basil, oregano, and thyme, all wrapped up in puffy pastry make these Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls delicious and addicting!
Morning! I don’t know about you, but I love me some breakfast food. In fact, we had breakfast for dinner last night! When we’re in a rut, and cant think of what to do, breakfast is always our go to. We saw these Puff Pastry sausage rolls and knew they had to be tried. I’m so glad we gave them a go because they were really simple and so tasty.
If you like sausage, then you need to try this recipe. Mixed with delicious seasonings like basil, oregano, and thyme, these rolls are exploding with flavor. The soft puff pastry hugging the tasty sausage is a great combination and makes a perfect addition to anyone’s breakfast, or dinner. 😉 If you’ve ever had a Sausage Roll from an English bakery, then you know how good they are. This is a quicker and smaller version, but they are just as good.
Wrap in dough and cut in pieces.
Cut slits in top to help it ventilate while it cooks.
These are great additions for any meal but also make the best appetizer for any party or get together. We still need to think of the perfect sauce to go with these, but they’re great on their own too. With so much flavor, we are sure these will be a hit at your next party! Let us know what you think. 😉
For more tasty recipes with sausage, try:
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños
- Cheesy Breakfast Ring
- Crescent Roll Sausage Bake
- Cheesy Sausage Dip
Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 17 oz frozen puff pastry thawed
- 2 eggs beaten
- poppy seeds
In a large bowl mix together your sausage, basil, oregano, and thyme, until all the seasonings are evenly distributed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the entire puff pastry into a large rectangle about ⅛ inch thick and about 24 inches wide. Form the sausage into a 1" thick log, the same width of the pastry. Lay meat along the long edge of the pastry and roll until pastry slightly overlaps. Cut excess pastry. Brush with beaten eggs at the join and lay seam side down. Cut slits into each piece, and brush the top with egg and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Cut sausage rolls into 2 inch pieces. You should be able to get 2 logs with 10-12 pieces from each one.
- Place on baking sheet, about one inch apart. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the meat is cooked.
- Serve warm or cold, and ENJOY! NOTE: Rolls can also be put in the freezer to be cooked later.