Cream Cheese Sausage Balls are a savory bite of homey goodness. This perfect appetizer only needs 4 ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes!
Cheesy + Savory
On game days, family nights, or sometimes as a special dinner, we like to whip up a big spread of appetizers.
It’s fun to have a variety to snack on from sweet to savory, meaty to bready. The best part is you can try them all because they’re just little bites.
A must on our list of appetizers are these cheesy and delicious Cream Cheese Sausage Balls. They are completely crave-able. And who can resist a combo of sausage, cheese AND cream cheese?!
These sausage balls are filled with cream cheese and bits of cheddar and baked up to perfection. Baking these creates those irresistible crunchy bits that have you coming back for more.
Trust us when we say you’re going to love these!
Just form and bake!
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
COMBINE. Mix together sausage, baking mix, cream cheese, and Cheddar cheese in a large bowl until well combined.
BAKE. Scoop out with small cookie scoop and roll into 1-inch balls and place on a lightly greased foil lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until browned and no longer pink in the centers, 22 to 24 minutes.
Dippable: These are absolutely amazing all on their own, but they also taste great smothered in our favorite dips:
Tips + Storing Info
DIY Bisquick: If you don’t have any Bisquick on hand you can easily mix up a copycat version.
- Place 6 cups of flour, 3 tbsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt in a food processor.
- Pulse until sifted together.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable shortening or unsalted butter.
- Pulse until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Use 1:1 in the recipe.
- Store leftover mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Shred the cheese yourself as the pre packaged kind is tossed with a coating that keeps it from melting quite as well.
- Change up the cheese– we used sharp cheddar cheese but you could try other flavors such as Colby or Pepper Jack.
- Add some heat: Toss in some red chili flakes or some chopped jalapenos
- Sausage: you can also adjust the flavor of the meatballs by the type of sausage you buy. You can use mild or spicy. Breakfast pork sausage or Italian.
TO MAKE AHEAD, form the sausage balls the day before and store them, cover them and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to cook. They can also be frozen. Form the mixture into balls and line them up on a baking sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer. Once the sausage balls are solid, transfer them to a freezer safe Ziploc. You can bake them straight from the freezer, just add a few extra mites to the bake time.
STORE leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days or placed in the freezer for up to 6 months. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
For more delicious Meatballs, check out:
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 1/4 cups baking mix such as Bisquick ®
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese sausage
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together sausage, baking mix, cream cheese, and Cheddar cheese in a large bowl until well combined.
- Scoop out with small cookie scoop and roll into 1-inch balls and place on a lightly greased foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and no longer pink in the centers, 22 to 24 minutes.