BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are simple, quick, and delicious. Chicken smothered in barbecue sauce and wrapped in bacon make for a popular appetizer at any gathering!
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Today’s recipe for Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites is one of those recipes that needs no explanation. All you need to know is that it has chicken, it has bacon, and it has bbq sauce.
Those three ingredients combine to make a simple, yet flavor packed, savory appetizer that couldn’t be more easy to throw together. In fact, the oven really does all the hard work for you! Just take a few minutes to wrap the chicken bites, and bake.
Next time you throw a party or have your friends over for a game night, you’ll want to bust these chicken bites out! Trust me on this… When it comes to appetizers, you really can’t go wrong with chicken wrapped in bacon.
Just 3 Ingredients!
Only three ingredients are needed and little to no kitchen skills. Here are the specific instructions:
WRAP. Wrap each piece of cubed chicken with a small piece of bacon (about ⅓ strip of bacon) and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet that is lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
BRUSH & BAKE. Brush with desired amount of BBQ sauce and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and add more BBQ sauce if desired. Serve warm, and enjoy!!
Note: Obviously, the amount of BBQ is completely up to you. I, however, like lots and lots of sauce.
Other chicken bite sauces/seasonings
You can even try out these other sauces and seasonings on these chicken bites:
- Buffalo Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- When wrapping the chicken in bacon don’t wrap it around so much that it overlaps in multiple layers. This will cause the inner layers of the bacon to not cook as much and they will be chewy. Not to mention the chicken will have a harder time getting cooked without the bacon burning.
- The best chicken to use for this recipe is boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders.
- To keep these warm after they have cooked, put them in a slow cooker on the “warm” setting.
Place leftovers in an airtight container and STORE in the fridge for 3-4 days. REHEAT them in the microwave in 30 second increments or in the oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes or until hot.
If you want to FREEZE them, put leftovers in a freezer-safe, airtight container and freeze for 1-2 months. When ready to eat, reheat them in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until hot.
You can also freeze these before baking. Just assemble the chicken and bacon and put them in an airtight, freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then when you are ready to serve them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight and cook as instructed in the recipe.
For more chicken appetizer recipes, check out:
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Southwest Chicken Wonton Cups
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites Recipe
- 2-3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz bacon cut into thirds
- ½ – 1 cup BBQ sauce We love Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Wrap each piece of cubed chicken with a small strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on your baking sheet. Brush with desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Remove from oven and add more BBQ sauce as desired. Serve warm.
Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking Recipes