Who else LOVES a good appetizer? My husband and I have a tradition every year for New Year’s Eve of making a meal that consists entirely of appetizers, and it may be my favorite meal of the year. If it’s bite-sized and delicious, then sign me up! This time of year is the appetizer’s time to shine, between all of the holiday parties, and snacking on game day.
There are so many different and delicious varieties of appetizer, but I have to say that I’m in love with anything involving buffalo sauce. These buffalo chicken taquitos are the perfect appetizer! They’re savory and cheesy, with just a subtle hint of spice, and a crisp outer shell. They take just a few minutes to make, so they’re easy to make any time you need a delicious snack!
You’ll start by mixing up a simple and delicious filling made up of shredded chicken, three different types of cheese, and buffalo sauce. Then, roll it all up in a soft flour tortilla. Place the tortillas on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, and bake until crisp. The cooling rack helps the air circulate around the taquitos, so they’ll get crisp and delicious all around.
I served mine with some fresh celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing for dipping on the side, and they were fantastic. The creamy chicken filling has the perfect flavor, and the combination with the blue cheese is so delicious!
If you’re serving these at a party, you could easily slice them into smaller, bite-sized pieces and put them on toothpicks. If buffalo sauce isn’t your thing, you could easily substitute barbecue sauce for a different but equally delicious appetizer. These buffalo chicken taquitos are always a favorite!
For more taquito recipes, check out:
How to make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos:
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 10 fajita-sized flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce. Fold in the cheddar cheese, and mix until combined. Wrap the tortillas in a towel and warm them in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until soft and pliable.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken filling into the center of each tortilla, then sprinkle with the blue cheese. Roll the tortillas up and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the rolled up tortillas with cooking spray and bake 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.
We love taquitos, and I cannot wait to try this version. Thank you, Alicia! For even more great recipes from her, be sure to head on over to The Baker Upstairs.
And for another favorite taquito recipe, check out: