Serve these Buffalo Chicken Taquitos as an easy dinner idea, or as an appetizer at your next party or get together.
Savory, Cheesy, and Spicy
Who else LOVES a good appetizer? If it’s bite-sized and delicious, then sign me up! There are so many different and delicious varieties of appetizer, but I have to say that I’m in love with anything involving buffalo sauce.
These buffalo chicken taquitos are the perfect appetizer! They’re savory and cheesy, with just a subtle hint of spice, and a crisp outer shell. They take just a few minutes to make, so they’re easy to make any time you need a delicious snack!
If buffalo sauce isn’t your thing, you could easily substitute barbecue sauce for a different but equally delicious appetizer. These buffalo chicken taquitos are always a favorite!
How to Make buffalo taquitos
MIX. You’ll start by mixing up a simple and delicious filling made up of shredded chicken, three different types of cheese, and buffalo sauce.
ROLL. Then, roll it all up in a soft flour tortilla.
BAKE. Place the tortillas on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet, and bake until crisp. The cooling rack helps the air circulate around the taquitos, so they’ll get crisp and delicious all around.
- I served mine with some fresh celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing for dipping on the side, and they were fantastic.
- If you’re serving these at a party, you could easily slice them into smaller, bite-sized pieces and put them on toothpicks.
- You can use corn tortillas in this recipe, if you’d like. Just be sure to heat them up before rolling them. The best and easiest way to do this is to wrap them up in a towel and heat them up in the microwave for 45 seconds. This will help prevent them from tearing.
- Other cheese options that work great with this recipe are Mozzarella cheese and Pepper jack (for some extra spice) and you can leave out the bleu cheese if you would like.
- These are great to dip in ranch, bleu cheese dressing or even buffalo sauce for those of you who can’t get enough of it.
Making Ahead and Storing
Make Ahead: You can prepare the buffalo chicken filling 1 day in advance. Store it covered or in an airtight container in the fridge. Let it come to room temperature before rolling it into the tortillas.
You can also assemble the taquitos and store them in the fridge for 3 hours before baking them. Then put them directly in the oven from the fridge to bake and because they will be cold you may need to add 5-7 more minutes to the cooking time.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. They can be stored for up to 5 days.
REHEAT them in the microwave in 30 second increments until warm.
For more taquito recipes, check out:
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 10 fajita-sized flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce. Fold in the cheddar cheese, and mix until combined. Wrap the tortillas in a towel and warm them in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until soft and pliable.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken filling into the center of each tortilla, then sprinkle with the blue cheese. Roll the tortillas up and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the rolled up tortillas with cooking spray and bake 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.