Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are two of our favorite appetizer recipes in all wrapped up into one dippable delight.
The buffalo wings and egg roll combination make it a new favorite appetizer.
Buffalo CHicken Egg Rolls
Holidays and parties mean gathering as family and friends not just for good company but for good food!! At all of these functions, we ALWAYS have delicious appetizers, so we are always on the hunt for new ones to try.
Today’s recipe happens to be a new favorite, which combines two of our favorite appetizers in one – Buffalo Wings and Egg Rolls making Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.
These egg rolls were delicious and perfect for our holiday get together. If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings and egg rolls, this recipe WILL NOT disappoint. They are simple to make with little ingredients which makes a great go-to recipe, especially for entertaining and parties.
Preparing the Chicken
These egg rolls are more simple to make than you think. Shredded Chicken is used in this recipe and for our best tips and tricks for shredding chicken GO HERE.
Once your chicken is shredded, you will combine it with grated carrots, salt and bleu cheese crumbles. Pour your buffalo wing sauce and butter in with the chicken and mix well. NOTE: You can find mild buffalo wing sauce at the store and can use this instead of adding butter. The amount of butter you add will vary based on how spicy you want your sauce.
How to make buffalo Egg rolls
FILLING. Place shredded chicken in a bowl with salt, grated carrots and bleu cheese crumbles. Mix well.
SAUCE. Combine butter and buffalo sauce together and pour over chicken, mixing until ingredients are well combined.
PREP. In deep fryer or saucepan heat 2-3 inches oil on medium heat.
ASSEMBLE. Keep a small bowl of water nearby and grab an egg roll wrapper. With 1 corner facing you, place about 2 tablespoons of your chicken mixture slightly below center of the wrapper. Begin rolling skin up by folding corner closest to you, then fold in right and left corners as you reach that point. Brush remaining corner with water and gently roll toward remaining corner and press to seal. Repeat until no mixture is remaining.
FRY. Fry egg rolls in hot oil until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Air Fryer: Making these in the air fryer is an easy switch! Preheat it to 400 degrees and cook the egg rolls for 9 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 5 minutes.
Baked: To bake these in the oven, line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Coat the rolls with cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Oil Temperature: The oil temperature should reach 350°F for frying. If you don’t have a thermometer, then put the back of a wooden spoon in the oil. If the oil immediately begins to bubble around the spoon then the oil is hot enough. If it bubbles too ferociously, then it’s too hot.
- Add shredded cabbage to the filling
- Use less butter to get a hotter buffalo sauce
STORE in a Ziploc bag or air-tight container and put in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Believe it or not, we love eating these cold but you can reheat in the microwave or even lightly brush with olive oil or vegetable spray and bake in the oven for a few minutes.
- Baked: Let them cool completely, wrap the individual egg rolls in plastic wrap, place them in a freezer safe bag or container and keep them in the freezer for 3-6 months. Reheat in the oven or in the microwave, without thawing first, until they’re warmed through.
- Unbaked: Flash freeze them until they’re solid, for about an hour, before wrapping them individually in plastic wrap. Place in a freezer safe bag for 3-6 months. Fry on medium-low heat until cooked through (avoid frying on high heat, because the inside might still be cold while the outside is golden brown).
To make ahead: Make the filling up to 2 days ahead of time. Assemble them the day before and keep them, covered, in the fridge until you fry them.
Give these bad a boys a try and let us know what you think. You really can’t go wrong with having 2 delicious appetizers in one!
For more buffalo recipes, check out:
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Easy Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl with salt, grated carrots and bleu cheese crumbles. Mix well.
- Combine butter and buffalo sauce together and pour over chicken, mixing until ingredients are well combined.
- In deep fryer or saucepan heat 2-3 inches oil on medium heat.
- Keep a small bowl of water nearby and grab an egg roll wrapper. With 1 corner facing you, place about 2 tablespoons of your chicken mixture slightly below center of the wrapper. Begin rolling skin up by folding corner closest to you, then fold in right and left corners as you reach that point. Brush remaining corner with water and gently roll toward remaining corner and press to seal. Repeat until no mixture is remaining.
- Fry egg rolls in hot oil until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
Love the kick these egg rolls have! Perfect for enjoying some football games this playoff season!
This is a new one for me, what a great idea!
Oh my goodness, I soooooo wish I had about a dozen of these right now!!
Oh I am in love! What a great twist on buffalo wings! I am for sure going to make these soon.
Oh my gosh, I want some of those right now! I am drooling!
The perfect spicy snack for game day!
I’m craving these egg rolls right now! They look so delicious! Love your photos, too!
Now that is my kind of egg roll! Perfect for game day! Pinned!
I have someone in my life who would flip for joy if I made these for him.
We love egg rolls. I love the combination of Buffalo chicken in the egg roll.
I love buffalo anything!! I had never had it in an egg roll before, but I am so glad I tried!! I think it’s my new favorite way to eat them! Not too spicy, crispy, & delicious!
Yum! This is on my favorite appetizer list now!
It really is one of my favorites. Glad you liked them too! 🙂
I love anything Buffalo chicken! I’m going to make theses ASAP.
Couldn’t serve fast enough, everyone loved. I did add blue cheese dressing in the mix and omitted butter.
Sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing!!
Has anyone tried these in an air fryer? If so, please share cooking temp and time. 🙂
I haven’t tried these ones in the air fryer, but I have done our classic Egg Rolls and these cooking temps would probably work well too: Lightly spray the basket or brush with coconut or olive oil. Place egg rolls in the basket. Be sure they’re not touching. Cook at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.