Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls – two of our favorite appetizer recipes in one. The buffalo wings and egg roll combination make it a new favorite appetizer.
Buffalo CHicken Egg Rolls
Holidays and parties mean gathering as family and friends not just for good company but for good food!! At all of these functions, we ALWAYS have delicious appetizers, so we are always on the hunt for new ones to try.
These egg rolls were delicious and perfect for our holiday get together. If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings and egg rolls, this recipe WILL NOT disappoint. They are simple to make with little ingredients which makes a great go-to recipe, especially for entertaining and parties.
Preparing the Chicken
These egg rolls are more simple to make than you think. Shredded Chicken is used in this recipe and for our best tips and tricks for shredding chicken GO HERE.
Once your chicken is shredded, you will combine it with grated carrots, salt and bleu cheese crumbles. Pour your buffalo wing sauce and butter in with the chicken and mix well. NOTE: You can find mild buffalo wing sauce at the store and can use this instead of adding butter. The amount of butter you add will vary based on how spicy you want your sauce.
Start The Eggs Rolls
In a deep fryer or saucepan heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil on medium heat. While this is heating, you will start making your egg rolls.
Keep a small bowl of water nearby and grab an egg roll wrapper. With 1 corner facing you, place about 2 tablespoons of your chicken mixture slightly below center of the wrapper. Begin rolling skin up by folding corner closest to you, then fold in right and left corners as you reach that point. Brush remaining corner with water and gently roll toward remaining corner and press to seal. Repeat until no mixture is remaining.
Fry egg rolls in hot oil until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels and serve warm with homemade ranch or Bleu cheese dressing.
How to store Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls?
We like to place these in a Ziploc bag or air-tight container and put in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Believe it or not, we love eating these cold but you can reheat in the microwave or even lightly brush with olive oil or vegetable spray and bake in the oven for a few minutes.
More Egg Roll Recipes
We love egg rolls so much and have a few more varieties on the site. We make these often with our Asian food but also have them at any party – they’re a great addition. Here are a few more appetizer recipes on the site:
Give these bad a boys a try and let us know what you think. You really can’t go wrong with having 2 delicious appetizers in one!
For more buffalo recipes, check out:
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Easy Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/4-1/8 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tbsp butter meleted
- oil for deep frying
- 12 egg roll skins
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl with salt, grated carrots and bleu cheese crumbles. Mix well.
- Combine butter and buffalo sauce together and pour over chicken, mixing until ingredients are well combined.
- In deep fryer or saucepan heat 2-3 inches oil on medium heat.
- Keep a small bowl of water nearby and grab an egg roll wrapper. With 1 corner facing you, place about 2 tablespoons of your chicken mixture slightly below center of the wrapper. Begin rolling skin up by folding corner closest to you, then fold in right and left corners as you reach that point. Brush remaining corner with water and gently roll toward remaining corner and press to seal. Repeat until no mixture is remaining.
- Fry egg rolls in hot oil until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.