Cheesy, spicy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken dip is a flavorful party dip that can be easily made in the slow cooker! It’s great for game days and get togethers.
A Favorite Dip Made Easy in the Slow Cooker
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is creamy, cheesy and has a little kick to it. It’s the perfect appetizer for serving a small or large crowd.
The slow cooker helps melt all that cheese and keeps it staying nice and warm while eating it. You don’t even need to transfer it to another dish! Just serve it right out of the crock pot if you’d like.
I love all the shredded chicken in this dish. It tastes so delicious mixed with all that melty cheese. Grab some of your favorite chips and start dipping!
How to Make Buffalo Dip in the Crock Pot
What you’ll need for this recipe?
- Shredded Chicken: You can cook your chicken however you like – boil, grill, cook over the stove – then shred it up! You could even use canned chicken if you’re short on time.
- buffalo sauce (or favorite hot sauce)
- ranch dressing
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- bleu cheese crumbles (optional)
COMBINE. To make it, you will put the shredded chicken and hot sauce into a pot over medium heat. Mix together to combine. Add the cream cheese and stir it all together. Then mix in the ranch dressing. Add about 1 cup of cheddar cheese, stir, and heat everything until the cheese is melted.
CROCK POT. Pour the dip into the crockpot and top it with the remaining cheese. Keep the crock pot on the low heat setting while you are serving it. This will keep the cheese fresh, hot, and melty! That’s it! Easiest appetizer EVER and so delicious.
Cheese Tips and storing
Cheddar cheese is what I recommend for this recipe but you can also add a little blue cheese crumbles on top of the dip if you want! I also like sharp cheddar cheese—it’s more flavorful. Remember if you shred your own cheese it will melt better than pre-shredded cheese.
If you don’t have cream cheese, you could substitute for cottage cheese or yogurt!
If you have any dip left over, just STORE in an air-tight container and reheat in the microwave when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
This is going to be your new favorite appetizer dish!
For more favorite dip recipes, check out:
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese divided
- blue cheese crumbles optional
- green onions optional
- Mix chicken and hot sauce in a pot on medium heat. Add cream cheese and stir until blended. Mix in ranch dressing. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese and heat until melted.
- Pour dip into crock pot and top with remaining cheddar cheese. Keep on low heat as you serve.