This homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe is quick, easy, and ready in minutes. You’ll never buy it from the store again!
While perfect for Buffalo Wings, this homemade Buffalo Sauce Recipe can be used in many dishes like our favorite Buffalo Cauliflower, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
Buffalo Sauce is a hot sauce classically paired with buffalo chicken wings. You could smother your wings with hot sauce, but that addition of the butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder produces an amazingly delicious sauce.
The Buffalo Wing was first made by Teressa Bellissimo, a co-owner of the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Her son and his friends were looking for a late-night snack so she coated some leftover chicken wings with hot sauce. The rest is history.
This easy Buffalo Sauce Recipe is perfect for smothering hot wings served traditionally with blue cheese or Ranch Dressing and carrots and celery.
You could even add some spice to your favorite dishes, we love to top off our Macaroni and Cheese for a little something extra. Time to get creative!
How to make Buffalo Sauce
COMBINE. In a medium pot over medium heat, combine hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt.
COOK. While stirring with a whisk, bring to a simmer until the sauce begins to bubble on the sides of the pot.
ENJOY! Remove from heat and store for use or use right away with a recipe.
Adjust the heat. Making this Buffalo Sauce Recipe at home allows more control over the ingredients and flavors used. Particularly how hot it is.
- For a hotter sauce, use less butter. Add additional spice by increasing the amount of cayenne pepper and add red pepper flakes.
- For a more mild sauce, increase the amount of butter and reduce the amount of cayenne pepper.
Vegan. To make vegan Buffalo Sauce, replace the Worcestershire sauce with soy sauce and use a vegan butter substitute.
All things Buffalo
This Best Buffalo Sauce is good on SO many things! We have tons of recipes that use this spicy sauce and have rounded up several of the best ones:
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread
- Chicken Buffalo Meatballs
STORE. Go ahead and double this Buffalo Wing Sauce recipe because it can last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
To use the sauce, reheat it in the microwave in 30-second increments, until hot.
Blend the Buffalo Sauce Ingredients with other elements such as honey for honey hot wings or BBQ Sauce for BBQ Hot wings.
As long as you store it in an airtight container you can keep this delicious sauce in the fridge for up to 30 days!
For more appetizers:
- Parmesan Crusted Potato Skins
- Crock Pot Meatballs
- Caprese Kabobs
- Easy Bruschetta
- Veggie Christmas Tree
Buffalo Sauce Recipe
- ⅔ cup hot pepper sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot®
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine hot sauce, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt.
- While stirring with a whisk, bring to a simmer until the sauce begins to bubble on the sides of the pot.
- Remove from heat and store for use or use right away with a recipe.
I love your site. Recipe ingredients are not complicated or hard to find. Most of your recipes are easy and delicious. Keep up the wonderful work especially having six babies is more than a handful, but you’re rocking it.
Thank you so much!!