Perfectly spiced Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart bread is perfect for sharing, and has just the right amount of kick!!
If you’re anything like me, no appetizer spread would be complete with some buffalo-flavored snacks like these delicious Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and the ever popular Buffalo Chicken Bites. If you’re looking for a delicious bread that’s perfect for sharing, this Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread is your answer!
Favorite Buffalo Pull Apart Bread
The beauty about Tried and True is that we put so much work into all the recipes we try, and we truly do not share the ones that are just so-so. We want you to have the BEST of the BEST. Today’s Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread is just that!
I absolutely loooved this buffalo chicken bread. It was bursting with buffalo flavor and I just couldn’t stop at one slice (seriously sooo good)!
We usually use butter to tame the spice in the buffalo sauce, but feel free to skip that step if you like things a little bit more spicy. Next time, we’re going to try barbecue chicken pull-apart bread. Doesn’t that sound delicious? The bread itself is really good and super soft, so add all the flavor and it’s darn right addicting!! 😀 If you are a fan of all things buffalo tasting, then you must try this recipe.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread
Making the dough for this recipe is the most complex/time consuming part, but the nice thing is that you can make it ahead of time and stick it in the freezer! This recipe is really simple once you’ve made the dough.
PREP. Preheat oven to 350°F. Split dough into two. Roll out onto a floured working surface. Trim ends for two clean 4 x 16″ rectangles.
SEASON. Brush dough with buffalo sauce and top with shredded chicken then crumbled blue cheese. You may use more or less than the suggested amounts, based on your liking! Cut into 3″ pieces.
STACK. Using a greased 9″ pan, carefully stack each piece on top of each other (standing in the pan on end), by tilting the pan and adding one piece at a time. The last should be stacked so the raw edge is lined up against the pan.
BAKE. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. While baking, melt your butter and mix in the minced garlic. After 15 minutes of baking, pull out and brush the top with garlic butter. Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.
SERVE. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Because of the moisture in the chicken and the buffalo sauce the bread may seem doughy after it has been baked. Be sure to bake the bread for the recommended time, if you are still concerned, pop the individual slices in the oven and bake for a few extra minutes.
The recipe calls for ½ package of dry yeast. This is equal to about 3.5g or 1 rounded tsp.
We have a great Shredded Chicken recipe you can use. You can also use canned chicken or the meat from a rotisserie chicken.
If you are feeling a little adventurous you could try some other fun fillings with this recipe. Really you could use any filling that you think will taste great.
- Pizza – Layer with mozzarella cheese, pizza seasoning and mini pepperonis
- Cinnamon Roll – Layer with cream cheese frosting, cinnamon and sugar
- Breakfast – Layer with cheddar cheese, bacon/sausage, green onions
Make ahead and FREEZE this bread to bake later: Bread dough freezes well and this recipe is no different.
- Use 1.5 times the amount of yeast as directed to compensate for any that die while in the freezer.
- Once you have the ingredients assembled in the bread pans, cover the pans with plastic wrap and again with foil Label and freeze for 3-4 months.
- Allow the bread to thaw in the fridge overnight. Let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking according to recipe directions.
Because of the chicken, STORE this bread in the fridge. Place a paper towel along with the bread in an airtight container and store for 3-4 days.
Reheat individual servings in the microwave or toaster oven. For larger servings wrap the bread slices in foil and reheat in the oven. You can even broil the slices for nice crispy pieces.
For more chicken recipes, check out:
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Braid
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Barbeque Chicken French Bread
- Zucchini Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
- Chicken Pasta Salad
Buffalo Chicken Pull Apart Bread Reicpe
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup water with the honey and dry yeast. Let sit about 3 minutes until the yeast starts to bubble.
- In a bigger bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the oil, the yeast mixture and the remaining ¼ cup water. Mix to combine and knead the dough until it’s soft and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough ball in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Split dough into two. Roll out onto a floured working surface. Trim ends for two clean 4 x 16" rectangles.
- Brush dough with buffalo sauce and top with shredded chicken then crumbled blue cheese. You may use more or less than the suggested amounts, based on your liking. Cut in 3" pieces.
- Using a greased 9" pan, carefully stack each piece on top of each other, by tilting the pan and adding one piece at a time. The last should be stacked so the raw edge is lined up against the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- While baking, melt your butter and mix in the minced garlic.
- After 15 minutes of baking, pull out and brush the top with garlic butter. Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm.
Adapted from Bev Cooks.