Delicious Barbecue Chicken French Bread is loaded with chicken, cilantro, cheese, avocados and ranch dressing. It is a quick & easy FAV!
FInger lickin’ good
I am a huge fan of appetizers. I love that they are easy to eat, and you can have a variety of flavors in your appetizer spread. They are quick and tasty weeknight meals as well!
As you can see from the picture above, today’s recipe looks and IS darn right delicious. It’s called Barbecue Chicken French Bread and is easier to make than you think!
Yes, we like to make our own French Bread but you don’t have to at all. Just buy a loaf and add some chicken, barbecue sauce, cheese, cilantro, avocado and ranch dressing to make these super simple and delicious appetizers.
We are huge fans of avocados, and I think they add the perfect touch to this recipe, but as always, feel free to change it up to your liking.
Making BBQ chicken french bread
PREP. Preheat oven to 350.
CHICKEN + TOPPINGS. Toss chicken in BBQ sauce (use more or less if desired). Cut your french bread in half length-wise and spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce on each piece of bread.
Top with about 1½ cups mozzarella cheese. Add BBQ chicken.
BROIL. Put bread in oven and broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top with cilantro, avocado and drizzle with ranch dressing. Cut into slices and serve.
Tips + Storing Info
Broiling is like grilling, but in the oven. It uses high heat from the top of the oven to brown the food. You may want to move your oven rack to the upper middle section of the oven. Food can quickly go from perfect to burnt in a matter of seconds so keep an eye on it.
This is an easy and delicious appetizer. It is also simple to change things up for other flavor variations. Some ideas include:
- Gouda: it complements the BBQ sauce really well.
- BBQ: Just use your favorite brand. You can also use sauce with honey in it to sweeten up the dish a bit.
- Red onions: You know I’m not an onion fan, but so many of you are so go ahead and add some slivered red onions.
- Chicken: you can use rotisserie chicken, leftover BBQ chicken or use our recipe for shredded chicken.
- Add bell peppers, bacon bits, pineapple, jalapenos or any other topping you think would be yummy.
To tell if an avocado is ripe and ready to be cut the skin should be darker and yield to a firm yet gentle touch. When you squeeze it, it shouldn’t be mushy, but yield to a little bit of pressure.
STORE leftovers, wrapped in foil, in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can also wrap the bread with plastic wrap and again with foil and FREEZE it for 6-8 weeks. REHEAT in the microwave or toast in the oven.
For more great appetizer recipes:
Barbecue Chicken French Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread
- 3 cups chicken cubed
- 1-2 cups BBQ sauce
- 3-4 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss chicken in BBQ sauce (use more or less if desired). Cut your french bread in half length-wise and spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce on each piece of bread.
- Top with about 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, and add BBQ chicken.
- Turn to BROIL and cook for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once out, add cilantro, avocado and drizzle with ranch dressing. Cut into slices and serve.