Crunchy Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls are a delicious copycat recipe for this deliciously popular restaurant appetizer!
For a kickin’ party, whip up some Fried Zucchini, Cream Cheese Bean Dip, Mini Pizzas, and these Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls!!! They are savory and delicious!!
My family LOVES appetizers
We have been known to have appetizers for dinner on more than one occasion! These copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Eggrolls are one of our ALL-TIME favorites.
If you have ever been to The Cheesecake Factory you may have tried their Avocado Egg Rolls. If you haven’t, you really should go and try them because they are absolutely HEAVENLY!!
My family found a copycat recipe that we now love and use all the time. It is super easy and the end result is AH-MAZING!!
We love going out to eat, but are so happy we can make one of our favorite appetizers at home now. And trust me, if you love avocados and egg rolls then you will LOVE this recipe!
How to make Avocado Egg Rolls
Once you’ve made these, you’ll realize just how easy they are. Grab a kid or spouse to help form an assembly line to make it even easier.
DIPPING SAUCE. In a bowl, stir together vinegars, honey, and saffron. Heat for one minute in the microwave.
Puree this mixture in a blender or food processor adding cashews, ⅔ cup cilantro, garlic, sugar, black pepper, and cumin. Pour into a bowl and add the oil. Stir and refrigerate.
FILLING. In a bowl, stir together avocado, tomatoes, 1 tsp cilantro, and salt. Add ½ of the mixture onto the center of each egg roll wrapper.
ASSEMBLE. Position the wrapper so the corner is pointing towards you.
- Fold the bottom corner up over the filling.
- Fold the remaining corners up over the filling and brush the corners with egg to secure them in place.
- Roll up from the bottom folding the top corner over and around.
- Seal with egg and repeat for remaining wrappers.
FRY + ENJOY! Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce.
These are great dipped in Homemade Ranch Dressing, this Cilantro Ranch Dressing, sour cream, or just eat them the way they are.
- Pan fry. This recipe uses this method. Make sure the oil covers the bottom of the pan and that the oil is hot enough to fry and give them a good color, but not too hot that it will burn them!
- Bake. Bake them at 425°F for around 20 minutes until they are golden brown. This is definitely a healthier option because it doesn’t involve all the added oil.
- Air fry. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Spray the outside of the Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls with olive oil before putting them in the air fryer. Cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping them halfway.
Ripe avocados. Avocados ripen after they have been picked. To make this recipe soon after buying avocados, choose ones that are a deep even green and are a bit softened when you press them.
If you have hard avocados, you’ll need to wait for them to ripen before using them.
To speed up the ripening process we recommend placing unripe avocados in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for two to three days until they are ripe.
Dairy-free. The only spot where you might find dairy is in the egg roll wrappers. Check the package label for any allergy information. Otherwise, there is no added dairy in the recipe.
Variations. Add a squirt of lime juice or chopped red onion or yellow onions to the filling.
STORE leftover Avocado Egg Rolls wrapped in plastic wrap in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
FREEZE before they have been cooked. Assemble the egg rolls as instructed, but do not fry. Instead, tightly wrap each roll with plastic wrap and freeze. Allow them to thaw a bit or cook them frozen.
To REHEAT. Pop refrigerated Avocado Egg Roll leftovers in the oven to keep them crispy while re-warming them. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place in the oven at 450°F and heat for around 5 minutes on each side.
Let them sit for 2 minutes so you don’t burn your tongue.
For more delicious Egg Rolls, try:
For more tasty appetizers, try:
Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Roll Recipe
- 3 Egg Roll wrappers
- 3 Large Avocado
- 3 tbsp Sun-Dried Tomatoes packed in oil
- 3 tsp Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Pinch Powdered Saffron
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cashews
- 2/3 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- In a bowl, stir together vinegars, honey, and saffron. Heat for one minute in the microwave
- Puree this mixture in a blender adding cashews, 2/3 cup cilantro, garlic, sugar, pepper, and cumin. Pour into a bowl and add the oil. Stir and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, stir together avocado, tomatoes, 1 tsp cilantro, and salt. Add ⅓ of the mixture onto the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Position the wrapper so the corner is pointing towards you. Fold the bottom corner up over the filling. Fold the remaining corners up over the filling and brush the corners with egg to secure them in place. Roll up from the bottom folding the top corner over all. Seal with egg and repeat for remaining wrappers.
- Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
For more yummy Avocado game day recipes be sure to check out game day recipes. There are a ton of yummy appetizers from Avocados from Mexico.
so delicious 😀
Thank you!! We love them! Glad you liked them!
Is there any way to make these a day ahead?
I personally haven’t, I’m not sure how the avocado would hold up a day before. Anytime, I use avocado, I add it right before, because it gets brown so fast. You could try?? I’d love to know, if you do!
The SAUCE alone is amazing! Thank you for posting this copycat recipe. It was delicious and totally satisfied my craving for these suckers from the restaurant.
I know exactly what you mean!! Love them!! Glad you liked them too! Thank you!
Made this for luncj today. we Loved it! My husband ABsolutely loves these and now we can make them at home!! I cooked them in an air fryer and they came out crispy and SOoooo good.
An air fryer would be perfect!! I could eat these everyday! I am so glad you both liked them!! Thank you!
Is it a wonton wrapper or eggroll wrapper? It says one in ingredients and the other in the directions. The size is quite different. THANKS
It is egg roll wrappers 🙂 I fixed it. Thank you for catching that!
Ok these were delicious! They tasted just like the cheesecake factory’s recipe. I substituted a pinch of paprika and tumeric in place of the saffron because it is expensive where i live. This recipe made a lot of egg rolls! I highly reCommend trying these!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing that! What you substituted sounds great!
Hello Kristyn, I haven’t had these at Cheesecake Factory but your version looks amazing. thanks
Oh, they are my favorite! These are pretty darn close to the real thing 🙂 Hope you like them!
The rcepy was great and delsious
Glad you think so 🙂 Thank you for letting me know & trying them!
I would like to make this but I need a good substitute for honey. My daughter is allergic to it. Thank you.
Forgot to say, I have made them for my neighbor and myself and we both loved them.
So glad you have made and enjoyed these! You can use maple syrup or agave as a honey substitute. You could probably google some other great honey substitute options as well.
These are made fresh daily! Good copycat! The recipe does have red onions Finley minced, rice vinegar, salt and pepper when they are rolled we add corn starch all over the egg rolls that’s why it has a different texture when fried
Ah, good to know!! Thanks for sharing!
Please explain how to add 1/2 of avocado mixture to 3 egg roll wrappers
You actually add 1/3 of the mixture to each egg roll. Looks like the recipe card has a typo. The instructions in the post mention 1/3. We’ll get it updated! Hope you enjoy!
Oh my gosh, my family loves these at the restaurant! Definitely going to need to make these. And have to try to figure out how yo lower the sugar. My hubby us diabetic and now I can see why he didn’t feel well after having them when we all went out. Thank you gor the nutrition info! But still making them as the rest of our gang doesn’t watch sugar and they’ll be thrilled we can have them at get togethers!!
Yay! I hope that you all enjoy these egg rolls too!
See More Comments