Marinated and grilled chicken breast, melty cheese, marinara sauce, and lettuce all sandwiched between a ciabatta bun. These chicken parmesan sliders make for the perfect appetizer, but can hold their own as a main dish too!
I have always loved Chicken Parmesan and thought a mini Slider version sounded amazing. These can be made for dinner or can be made as an appetizer for parties or get togethers. We loved these as much as our Buffalo Chicken Sliders!
Simple and Flavorful
Whether it’s game day, New Year’s or any large party/gathering, it’s really nice to have simple appetizer recipes on hand. Especially when you’re making several of them, you don’t want too many complicated recipes to have to coordinate. But at the same time, you want to impress and please your guests!
That’s one of the reasons I love this recipe for parmesan chicken sliders. They’re simple, they’re pretty filling, they’re SO flavorful, and everyone absolutely loves them!
Making the perfect slider
MARINATE. We like to marinate the chicken breasts overnight in an Italian dressing to make it even more flavorful.
ASSEMBLE. Toast buns or heat in microwave, depending on if you like crispy or soft bread. Spread marinara sauce on both sides of your bun. Place cooked, warm chicken on the bottom bun and top with lettuce and any additional toppings you would like. Add your top bun and enjoy a perfect chicken sandwich.
What bread is good to use for sliders? Because this is more of an Italian dish, mini ciabatta buns are what I suggest using. It’s airy on the inside and crusty on the outside—exactly what we wanted for these sliders!
However, you can also use Hawaiian rolls, plain dinner rolls, potato slider buns or small plain hamburger buns.
YUM! I know you’ll love these super flavorful chicken parm sliders! It’s such a great twist of an Italian classic served in an American way. 😉 And I know you’ll love just how simple they are!
If you like these sliders, you’ll want to try:
For more great Chicken appetizers, be sure to check out:
Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
- 4 Chicken breasts pounded thin or sliced in half
- 8 mini chibata bread buns usually found in the bakery section
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 c marinara sauce
- Marinade chicken overnight in your favorite style. We like to use Italian dressing.
- Grill chicken until cooked through. Add provolone cheese 1 minute before chicken is done to allow it to melt to chicken piece.
- Toast buns or heat in microwave, depending on if you like crispy or soft bread.
- Spread marinara sauce on both sides of your bun.
- Place cooked, warm chicken on the bottom bun and top with lettuce and any additional toppings you would like. Add your top bun and enjoy a perfect chicken sandwich.