Deliciously cheesy Chicken Parmesan Sliders make a perfect appetizer, but can hold their own as a main dish too!
I have always loved Chicken Parmesan, and thought a mini slider version sounded amazing. Chicken Parmesan Sliders can be made for dinner, or can be made as an appetizer for parties or get togethers!
EASY + DELICIOUS
Whether it’s game day, New Year’s or any large party/gathering, it’s really nice to have simple appetizer recipes on hand. At the same time, you want to impress and please your guests!
That’s one of the reasons I love this recipe for Parmesan Chicken Sliders. They’re simple, pretty filling, SO flavorful, and everyone absolutely loves them!
We love these Chicken Parm Sliders as much as our Buffalo Chicken Sliders!
Because they are more filling than other appetizers, I will sometimes make these for dinner, or a summer BBQ, rather than the usual Hamburgers and Hot Dogs!
how to make chicken parmesan sliders
PREP. Preheat oven to 375° F.
CHICKEN. Bake chicken tenders according to package directions.
BUNS. While chicken is baking, cut the whole loaf of rolls in half horizontally, and place the bottom buns in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
LAYER. Add the chicken tenders to the bread. Top with marinara sauce and cheese slices. Add the top piece of the rolls.
TOPPING. Make the topping by microwaving butter, until melted. Add garlic powder into the melted butter, and brush on rolls.
BAKE. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, tent with foil, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with chopped fresh basil right before serving.
Keep them from getting soggy. Toasting the bottom half of the slider buns before assembling the sliders can help keep them from getting soggy. Also, use a thick marinara sauce. If it’s too thin, the tomato sauce will run right down and soak the buns.
Brown tops. If the top buns of the sliders are browning too quickly, tent a piece of tin foil over the top of the dish until they finish baking.
Thoroughly cooked. Chicken must be fully cooked before adding it to the slider buns
Leftovers. If you have any leftover chicken and/or leftover marinara sauce from other meals, use it to make these sliders.
Bread. Use Hawaiian sweet rolls, plain dinner rolls, potato slider buns, mini ciabatta buns, or small plain hamburger buns.
- Cheese. Use provolone cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced mozzarella cheese, or parmesan cheese. Double the cheese if you wish.
- Chicken. We used store bought chicken for this recipe, but you can easily make your own Crispy Chicken Tenders. Be sure they are fully cooked before you use them to make the sliders. You can also use a fully cooked grilled chicken tender.
- Spice it up. Use a spicy marinara, add some crushed red pepper flakes, or add sliced jalapeños.
I know you’ll love these super flavorful and easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders! It’s such a great twist on an Italian classic, served in an American way. 😉 And I know you’ll love just how simple they are!
STORE. Leftover baked sliders can be covered and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FREEZE. (Keep in mind that they will not be as crisp after being reheated.) Wrap the sliders in plastic wrap, and store them in a freezer Ziploc for up to 3 months. Reheat sliders in the oven or microwave.
Make ahead of Time. Whether you want to prepare them the day before, or freeze them for later, the best way is to prepare the different ingredients, and store them separately until you are ready to assemble and bake the sliders.
- To store in the freezer: place each ingredient in its own Ziploc and store them all together in a larger freezer safe container.
- To use: allow the ingredients to thaw. Reheat the chicken. Assemble together in a baking dish, and bake in the oven according to the recipe instructions.
Make it a meal
These mini sandwiches are often served as an appetizer, but they also make a great main dish for lunch or dinner. Serve them with:
If you like these sliders, you’ll want to try:
For more great Chicken appetizers:
- Homemade Teriyaki Wings
- Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
- Boneless Honey BBQ Wings
- Barbecue Chicken French Bread
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
- 1 24 ounce bag frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 1 9 roll package Hawaiian sweet roll sliders
- 6-8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1-1 1/2 cups Rao's marinara sauce
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake chicken tenders according to package directions.
- While chicken is baking, cut the whole loaf of rolls in half horizontally and place the bottom piece in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Add the chicken tenders to the bread. Top with marinara sauce and cheese slices. Add the top piece of the rolls.
- Make topping by microwaving butter until melted. Add garlic powder into the melted butter and brush on rolls.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, tent with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with chopped fresh basil right before serving.
You can’t go wrong with a good chicken parmesan!!! The chibata bread was an excellent call!
Thank you, Kristyn! I like your recipe for Chicken parmesan sliders & look forward to using it.
Thanks so much!!
If you like chicken Parmesan…..you will like it sandwich style! It’s a meal all in itself.
I absolutely love chicken parmesan!! So, to have these in sliders are the perfect meal!! Cheesy & so flavorful!!
These came together so nicely. I was worried the bread would be soggy, but they were perfect!