This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Simple + Savory Buffalo Chicken Sliders pack just the right amount of heat. They are great served as a dinner or appetizer!!
Crescent Roll Chicken Bundles and Chicken Stir Fry Recipe are some of my favorite 30-minute meals, but these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are an unexpectedly delicious addition to my go-to list! They are just spicy enough and SO good.
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are incredibly flavorful and delicious, and so easy to make. They’re perfect as an appetizer or snack, and great for parties! They are packed with Buffalo Chicken flavor and melty cheese, and pretty much irresistible!
If you’re a fan of buffalo-flavored food, then you will love these simple sliders.
This Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe has all the flavor I love in Buffalo Chicken Wings and Buffalo Chicken Dip but in a crispy, melty, gooey slider. They’re perfect for game day, entertaining friends, or just any time you need an extra delicious snack.
Buffalo Sliders are such an easy recipe. They have a nice little kick without being overly spicy, and I love how flavorful they are!
How to Make Buffalo Sliders
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
ROLLS. Without splitting the Hawaiian rolls apart, cut the entire package of rolls in half to create a top sheet and bottom sheet. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a 9×13 baking dish.
FILLING. In a medium bowl, mix together the rotisserie chicken, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo wing sauce. Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom sheet of buns.
CHEESE. Layer the cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture, covering it completely. Add the top sheet of rolls over the top of the cheese.
BUTTER. Brush the melted butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
BAKE. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot with celery and blue cheese on the side.
I like to serve these Buffalo Chicken Sliders on a platter with a side of blue cheese or Ranch Dressing, celery sticks, and carrot sticks then let each person pull apart their own sandwich. I love that gooey, melty cheese!
Use the same steps to make variations of this dish. Simply replace the ingredients with a similar counterpart.
- Barbecue Chicken – use mozzarella/swiss cheese on top of chicken mixed with bbq sauce
- Club – add your favorite cheese and tomatoes over chicken and/or ham mixed with ranch and bacon bits
- Meatball – layer mozzarella cheese on top of meatballs in tomato or marinara
Rotisserie Chicken. Remove the rotisserie chicken from the bones while the chicken is still warm – it is SO much easier to remove it this way instead of waiting for it to cool down.
If you’d prefer not to use rotisserie chicken try my recipe for Shredded Chicken. It’s really simple, made in a slow cooker, and I think you will love the results.
Toppings. To switch up the toppings, substitute poppy seeds, sesame seeds, ranch seasoning, garlic salt, or “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning instead of the parsley on top.
Rolls. Hawaiian Sweet Rolls are a great choice, but any type of bun, similar in size, will work.
Turn up the heat. The buffalo sauce packs a delicious amount of heat, but if you want your sliders even hotter, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper, hot sauce, or red pepper flakes.
Less spicy. If you find the buffalo wing sauce too spicy, simply mix it with some melted butter before combining it with the chicken.
How many sliders to make. When serving Buffalo Sliders with other appetizers, make enough for guests to have 1-2 sliders each. If serving them as part of the main meal, plan for guests to have 3-4 sliders.
Make ahead of time. Wrap Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders tightly with saran wrap then cover with foil. Store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw to room temperature then brush with butter and parsley before baking.
STORE the sliders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days (the buns tend to get soggy). They are best if eaten within 24 hours.
FREEZE. Place 2 sliders together in each Ziploc freezer bag and freeze.
To reheat. Open the freezer bag to vent and pop them in the microwave for about a minute. These would make a great leftover snack for hungry teenagers!
some awesome side dishes we think you’ll love:
- Homemade Potato Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Fruit Kabobs
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 1 package King’s Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Without splitting the rolls apart, cut the entire package of rolls in half to create a top sheet and bottom sheet. Place the bottom sheet of rolls in a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rotisserie chicken, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo sauce. Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom sheet of rolls.
- Layer the cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture, covering it completely. Add the top sheet of rolls over the top of the cheese.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot with celery and blue cheese on the side.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Thank you Alicia from The Baker Upstairs for sharing one of your favorite recipes with us!