Simple + Savory Buffalo Chicken Sliders pack just the right amount of heat. They are great served as a dinner or appetizer!!
Crescent Roll Chicken Bundles and Chicken Stir Fry Recipe are some of my favorite 30 minute meals, but these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are an unexpectedly delicious addition to my go-to list! They are just spicy enough, and SO good.
These buffalo chicken sliders are incredibly flavorful and delicious, and so easy to make. They’re perfect as an appetizer or snack, and great for parties! They are packed with buffalo chicken flavor and melty cheese, and pretty much irresistible!
If you’re a fan of buffalo-flavored food, then you will love these simple sliders.
These buffalo chicken sliders have all the flavor I love in buffalo chicken wings, but in a crispy, melty, gooey slider. They’re perfect for game day, entertaining with friends, or just any time you need an extra delicious snack. They have a nice little kick without being overly spicy, and I love how flavorful they are. They are one of my favorite appetizers!
How to Make Buffalo Sliders
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350.
ROLLS. Without splitting the rolls apart, cut the entire package of rolls in half to create a top sheet and bottom sheet. Place the bottom sheet of rolls in a 9 x 13 pan.
FILLING. In a medium bowl, mix together the rotisserie chicken, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo sauce. Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom sheet of rolls.
CHEESE. Layer the cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture, covering it completely. Add the top sheet of rolls over the top of the cheese.
BUTTER. Brush the melted butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
BAKE. Cover the pan with foil and bake 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot with celery and blue cheese on the side.
I like to serve these buffalo chicken sliders on a platter with blue cheese and celery, and let each person pull apart their own sandwich. I love that gooey, melty cheese!
Tips + Variations
When removing the rotisserie chicken from the bones, do it while the chicken is still warm – it is SO much easier to remove it this way instead of waiting for it to cool down.
If you’d prefer not to use rotisserie chicken try my recipe for Shredded Chicken. It’s really simple and I think you will love the results.
To switch up the toppings substitute poppy seeds, sesame seeds, or “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning instead of the parsley on top.
Use the same steps to make some other variations of this dish.
- Barbecue Chicken – Add Mozzarella/Swiss cheese with chicken mixed with bbq sauce
- Club – Add your favorite cheese and tomatoes with chicken and/or ham mixed with ranch and bacon bits
- Meatball – Add Mozzarella cheese with meatballs in tomato or marinara
Buffalo Chicken Sliders can easily be made ahead of time, wrapped tightly with saran wrap, covered in foil and then stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure not to brush the rolls with the parsley and butter topping before freezing. Wait for that step until you let them thaw to room temperature just before you pop them in the oven to bake.
STORE them in the fridge in a Ziploc bag or wrap them in tin foil and be sure to eat them within 24 hours or so.
If you’d like to store them longer you can easily FREEZE them by placing 2 sliders together in each Ziploc freezer bag.
When you are ready to reheat just open the freezer bag to vent and pop them in the microwave for about a minute. These would make a great leftover snack for hungry teenagers!
some awesome side dishes we think you’ll love:
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 1 package King's Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Without splitting the rolls apart, cut the entire package of rolls in half to create a top sheet and bottom sheet. Place the bottom sheet of rolls in a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rotisserie chicken, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo sauce. Spread the chicken mixture over the bottom sheet of rolls.
- Layer the cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture, covering it completely. Add the top sheet of rolls over the top of the cheese.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot with celery and blue cheese on the side.
Thank you Alicia from The Baker Upstairs for sharing one of your favorite recipes with us!