Everyone loves these Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders because they’re easy, cheesy and addicting! They don’t take long to make, and are perfect for any get together—always a crowd pleaser!
Sliders are perfect for lots of occasions, whether you’re looking for an appetizer, or an entree to feed a crowd. We love these ham and cheese sliders, buffalo chicken sliders, and monte cristo sliders!
ham sliders – prepped in 10 minutes!
Do you have leftover ham after the holidays? We always buy a HUGE ham just for the leftovers. We divide it up and freeze it in bags, then we take a bag out at a time to let it thaw and use in some yummy recipes.
We love to use the ham in omelets, stratas, soup and of course, sandwiches. These ham and swiss sliders are another recipe we love to use with the ham (regular sandwich ham works great too!) and we especially love how simple they are.
These ham sliders are a little sweet, savory, and loaded with melty cheese and a whole lot of ham. And like I said – they’re easy! You need just a few simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of time to prep them. Sounds doable, right?
How to make Ham and cheese Sliders
ROLLS. First, you’ll cut the sweet rolls in half. Don’t attempt to do this individually, just grab your biggest bread knife and cut the entire sheet of them all at once.
LAYER. Place the bottom layer into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and then layer the cheese and ham. Add the tops on, then brush with the buttery seasoning mix.
BAKE. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove it and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve them warm while they’re nice and melty. Mmmmm!
Change it up: Try switching up the meats and use turkey, chicken, bacon or roast beef. You can also try different cheeses like American cheese or cheddar cheese.
What if I don’t have sweet rolls? We love using hawaiian rolls, but you can also use plain dinner rolls, potato slider buns, or small plain hamburger buns.
How to make ahead
If you have a party or large gathering coming up, these ham and cheese sliders are a really great appetizer. Both kids and adults love them, and you can actually make them ahead of time—which is super helpful when you have lots of dishes to prepare.
To make ahead: Assemble the sliders, but save the butter topping until you are ready to bake. Depending on how far in advance you’re making them, you can store the following ways:
- Fridge: wrap with plastic. Store for 2-3 days.
- Freezer, wrap with plastic then again with aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw for about 30 minutes before cooking.
To Bake: remove plastic wrap. Place in an oven safe baking dish and top with butter sauce. Cover with foil and bake according to directions.
Complete the meal by also making:
For even more ham recipes, check out:
- Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
- Ham n Cheese Strata
- Flatbread Wrap Bites
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Lunch Kabobs
Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
- 12 sweet slider buns
- 3/4 pound sliced deli ham honey or leftover Easter ham works well
- 3/4 pound swiss cheese
For the glaze
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch black pepper
- Lightly spray a 9x13 inch dish with baking spray. Cut the sliders in half (in all together, do not break individually). Place the bottom layer snuggly into the bottom of the dish.
- Place half of the cheese over top, then layer with ham, then the remaining cheese.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat until melted. Stir in brown sugar, dijon, poppy seeds, onion powder, worcestershire, salt and black pepper.
- Brush over the tops of the rolls. Pour the excess in between and in all of the nooks and crannies.
- Cover with aluminum foil, let sit while oven preheats. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.