The BEST homemade hamburgers!! Once you realize how easy it is to make hamburger patties, you will never purchase pre-made patties ever again. This easy burger recipe is complete with the most delicious secret sauce that compliments the ranch burger perfectly!
This is the only burger recipe we ever use for summer BBQ’s! It’s not complete, though, without some of our favorite sides. Potato salad, Creamed Corn, and Coleslaw are all great for serving with these tasty ranch burgers.
We LOVE to barbecue!
It’s a summer time favorite and we love nothing more than the smell of steaks or burgers on the grill. I think we’re especially more likely to get out and grill because of the holidays like Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day. Do you guys do the same thing?
It wasn’t too long ago that my mom and sisters decided to try a new Burger recipe for Memorial Day. They said it was their new favorite and we can’t wait to give it a go for the Fourth.
If you’re hamburger fans like we are, then you’ll definitely want to try this Ranch Burger recipe (that comes with a special sauce too)! It’s really quite simple… Instead of trying to guess what assortment of seasonings to include in your homemade burgers, you can feel assured that this simple combination of cheddar cheese and ranch mix will make your burger taste delicious!
Everyone who’s tried it in our family LOVES it. Sometimes there is just nothing better than a big, juicy hamburger with some fruit and corn on the side. Don’t you think?!
How to Make Homemade Hamburgers:
If you’ve never made your own hamburger patties before, I’m here to tell you that they’re so so easy. No need to fear! Unless you’re afraid of touching raw meat… In that case, we might have an issue. 😉
Prep patties. Put the raw ground beef in a bowl and mix in the ground beef and cheddar cheese. Use your hands to form the ground beef into patties. Keep in mind that you can get at least 4 patties out of 1 lb of meat, and that the patties will shrink a little bit when they cook.
Grill. Grill the burgers to your liking. If you don’t have a grill, you can use other cooking methods (listed below).
Sauce. While those patties are on the grill, you can mix all of the ingredients together to make the secret sauce. A whisk works just fine for this. Once the burgers are done, serve them with the secret sauce and your favorite toppings which might include…
- A slice of cheese
Ways to cook a burger:
Whichever cooking method you choose, be sure that your burger reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
TIP: When forming your patties keep the thickness to about ¾ inches. Make an indention in the center to prevent the burger from bulging while they cook.
- Grill: (Our favorite method) Cook over high direct heat.
- Medium-rare: Cook 3 minutes flip and cook 4 minutes more
- Medium: Cook 3 minutes flip and cook 5 minutes more
- Medium well: Cook 3 minutes flip and cook 6 minutes more.
- Well done: Cook 3 minutes flip and cook 7 minutes more.
- Pan fry: (Cast iron skillet works the best) Heat a little oil in the pan over high heat. When you put the burgers in, they should immediately sizzle. Cook until golden brown about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- George Foreman: cook for 7-8 minutes
- Broil in an oven: turn broil to High. Evenly space the patties onto a broiler pan. Broil for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Oven Bake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake on an ungreased sheet for 8-10 on each side.
Tips and Storage
How can I get a juicy burger?
- Choose freshly ground meat if you can.
- Choosing ground beef with a higher fat content, such as 80/20, will produce a juicy burger. Lean meats make a tough drier burger.
- Don’t over mix the meat.
- keep the meat cold until you’re ready to cook. The fat in the burger will keep from cooking out creating a flavorful and juicy burger. Keep in mind the more fat there is the more the burger will shrink.
Storing: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can even freeze them for up to 4 months. Reheat in the microwave, stovetop or bake/broil in the oven.
Pre-make patties:You can pre-make the patties and store them, un cooked, in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure to separate the patties with freezer paper. Thaw in the fridge.
My husband especially is a fan of burgers and would LOVE this homemade hamburger recipe. I could see him adding some bacon too! YUM!
For more recipes perfect for summer barbecues, try:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers
- Easy Coleslaw
- Potato Salad Recipe
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Jello Pretzel Salad
Ranch Burger Recipe
These Ranch Burgers make the BEST homemade hamburgers!! This easy burger recipe is complete with the most delicious secret sauce that compliments the ranch burger perfectly!
For Burger Patty
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 c cheddar cheese
- 1 pkg hidden valley ranch mix or 3 TB
For Secret Sauce
- 3/4 c mayo
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c relish
- 2 TB worcestershire sauce
Mix cheese and ranch into your hamburger meat and form into patties. Grill to your liking.
Combine all sauce ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
Top with this delicious sauce for a fantastic restaurant style burger.