Marinated Teriyaki Chicken Burgers are quick, easy and full of sweet, tangy flavor! Grilled pineapple make these burgers perfection.
Chicken Teriyaki Burgers grill up in no time, and are quite tasty. Pair these tasty burger with a Homemade fries, Broccoli Salad, Easy Fruit Salad or cole slaw for the perfect meal any night of the week!
sweet + savory
We recently bought a grill and have been grilling like crazy! We’re quickly learning all the tips and tricks for grilling some winners—like asparagus and chicken souvlaki.
This burger tastes similar to a Hawaiian Burger, but instead of using ground beef it’s made with a delicious marinated chicken breast.
We whipped up these Teriyaki Chicken Burgers, and they turned out FABULOUS!! I’m already craving them again. The chicken is savory, but the pineapple gives the burger a hint of sweet. So good!
Easy teriyaki chicken burgers
MARINATE. I usually marinate my chicken overnight for 8-10 hours. You can marinate for longer, but don’t exceed 24 hours. If you don’t have a lot of time to marinate, then even 30 minutes of marinating will add some flavor.
GRILL. Grill chicken until cooked through. Add cheese on top at the end if you want it melted. Grill pineapple slices as well.
ENJOY! Top bun with condiments and assemble. Enjoy!
Teriyaki sauce. We really love Sweet Baby Ray’s Teriyaki Sauce. If you wish to make a homemade teriyaki sauce, try out this recipe that we use for our teriyaki wings.
Cut of chicken. I like using boneless skinless chicken breast, but a boneless skinless chicken thigh will work as well.
A full chicken breast will be too large for a sandwich so I suggest halving the chicken breasts. Use a tenderizer to pound the chicken a little. Heat the grill to medium and place the breasts on. Grill each side for 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Grilling Chicken. Be sure that the chicken is an even thickness throughout so that it cooks at the same rate.
- Allow the chicken to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before putting it on the grill.
- The thickness will vary from cut to cut and will determine the length of the cook time, but it usually takes me 6-7 minutes per side to get an even cook.
- The internal temp should be between 155-160°F.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before making the sandwich. This will help all the juices settle evenly through as well as bring the final temperature up to 165°F.
Grilled Pineapple. Since I used a can of Dole Pineapple Slices I only needed to place them on the grill long enough for them to warm up and get those beautiful gill marks. Lightly oiling the grill grate will help keep the slices of pineapple from sticking.
If you need to, you can cook your chicken inside on the stove or in the oven.
- Stove top. To cook it on the stove, heat up a pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Cook your chicken for 5-7 minutes and then flip it and cook it for another 5-7 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
- Oven. If you want to bake the chicken in the oven then preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake it for about 10 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through.
Mix it up with these these tasty options:
- Chicken: Use a ground chicken or ground turkey patty, grilled chicken thighs, or swap in a classic beef burger patty.
- Cheese: Pepper jack cheese Provolone cheese
- Other toppings: Bacon, Fried egg, Red onion, Green onion, Cilantro
- Toast the buns
- Grill fresh pineapple
- Use a lettuce wrap instead of a bun
Serve These Burgers With:
STORE cooked chicken in a airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Keep fruits and veggies in separate containers.
For more delicious sandwiches, check out:
- Ranch Burger Recipe
- Pulled Pork Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Turkey Burger
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Teriyaki Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 20 oz DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce or marinade
- Hamburger buns
- swiss cheese
- Begin by marinating your chicken in the teriyaki sauce for 24 hours.
- Grill chicken until cooked through. Add cheese on top at the end if you want it melted.
- Grill pineapple slices as well.
- Put burger together with condiments and enjoy!
For more recipes from Dole please go HERE.
And be sure to follow Dole on Twitter and Facebook for more updates and recipes.
I’ll bet this would be great with salmon (without the cheese of course).
I have made these before and they are a huge hit. Chicken is so moist and the sweetness just right. The meal was truly refreshing.
These are delicious! Everybody liked them and asked for the recipe. Thank you !!!
So much flavor for chicken ! I love the grilled pineapple adds such a fresh flavor
Best burger ever! The flavor combination is delicious and was easy to make. Will be making this recipe again.
Great flavor, I will be adding this to my cookout menus
So easy and so delcious. Can’t wait to make it all summer!
This is the BEST chicken sandwich recipe I’ve ever tried! I didn’t know if my family would like the pineapple, but they loved it. I substituted provolone cheese for the Swiss and it was perfect! The sweet, along with the savory, was a perfect match. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Delicious, easy, everyone LOVED
See More Comments