These baked zucchini sticks are crusted and baked in Panko, parmesan cheese, oregano, and basil. Zucchini fries are healthy AND delicious!
I’ve shared in the past how we make Fried Zucchini and Parmesan Crusted Zucchini, but today I wanted to share a recipe for Crusted Baked Zucchini Fries.
Baked Zucchini Sticks – so easy!
We LOVE Zucchini!!
It’s no secret at our house, especially because we buy it ALL the time! It’s one of those versatile veggies that you can make several side dishes with and can even throw it into dessert (like our Chocolate Zucchini Cake) to make you feel like it’s somewhat healthy. 😉
Today’s recipe is one of our FAVORITE ways to enjoy zucchini—Zucchini Fries! They only require a handful of ingredients and about 15 minutes of prep work, and let me tell you, these baked zucchini sticks are SO good and crunchy.
It’s a great side dish with any meal – especially an Italian dish or even Roast or Steak. We had these zucchini sticks last week with pasta and they were gone in no time. We sometimes serve these as an appetizer with Homemade Ranch dressing or marinara sauce, but they are great on their own too!
How to make Zucchini Fries
We love that these are so simple!! Here is all you have to do…
PREP. Begin by cutting your zucchinis into spears. Then rinse, and let dry.
COAT. In a Ziploc bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings, and mix. From there, you will whisk the eggs in a bowl. Place a few zucchini sticks into the eggs and coat them well. Then place in the ziploc back and shake around until they are totally covered with the seasonings. Continue until all zucchini sticks are coated.
BAKE. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place all zucchini fries on the sheet. Bake at 350° for about 16-20 minutes.
SERVE. Serve immediately while they’re hot and fresh out of the oven.
Dips + Air Fryer Instructions
The parmesan cheese makes such a great flavor that I love these zucchini sticks without any dips or sauces.
However, you can definitely add extra flavor if you choose. Ranch Dressing and Marinara sauce would both be great choices.
Air fryer: If you want to make a healthy fried version try using an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the basket with cooking spray and place the zucchini sticks in a single layer. Be sure they are not touching to maximize air flow. Fry for about 8-10 minutes.
So easy, right?! And we must note that they are best served fresh. Just like our fried zucchini, these kinds of recipes are best served right out of the oven or pan. But trust me, we think you’ll agree and love how simple these are to make.
Try serving this dish with:
For more zucchini recipes, check out:
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Zucchini Chicken Alfredo Roll Ups
- Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cheesy Zucchini Tots
- Zucchini Ribbons with Pasta
- Zucchini Boats
Zucchini Fries Recipe
- 2-3 zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 2 eggs
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut your zucchini ends and then cut in half and then cut into spears. Rinse and let dry.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and garlic salt. Mix.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Place 5-6 zucchini spears into the eggs making sure they are well coated and then place in the Ziploc bag and shake around until well coated.
- Place crusted sticks onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Continue Step 3 until all Zucchini are made and are on the cookie sheet.
- Spray with olive oil spray and bake for 16-20 minutes until Panko is golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy with Ranch or Marinara Sauce.
These zucchini fries are DELISH! They are my husband’s favorite!
I love your fried zucchini and these are just as delicious.
See More Comments