Sponsored post written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Loaded with juicy grilled pineapple, red onion and crisp lettuce, this Hawaiian BBQ Chicken sandwich is the perfect thing to make for summer entertaining! I don’t know about you, but I love a good chicken sandwich!! The new KC Masterpiece’s BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs makes it super easy to customize your meal to taste just how you like it. Since I’m always a big fan of the sweet and tangy combo of honey and pineapple, I added a splash of pineapple juice to the packet which made a delicious tropical tasting sauce.
I picked up these handy mixes/rubs while we were shopping at Walmart. They’re available in three flavors: Original, Sweet Honey, and Spicy Habanero. Like I mentioned above, you can customize them with water, juice, soda, or use it as a dry rub- I did both. I used a few tablespoons of the mix for a dry rub, then grilled the chicken. It was a quick & easy way to add some flavor to it. Then I poured the rest of the packet into a bowl and whisked it with the pineapple juice. I brushed it onto the cooked chicken and assembled the sandwiches. The chicken was juicy, flavorful and melded perfectly with the grilled slice of pineapple and red onion. Our family loved this combo! These chicken sandwiches will make great additions to our summer BBQ spreads.
Grab the recipe for these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches below:
- 2 large chicken breasts, filleted
- 1 packet KC Masterpiece Sweet Honey BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub
- ⅔ c. pineapple juice
- 4 slices pineapple, grilled
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 large pieces lettuce
- 4 burger buns
- Rub 2 tablespoons of the dry rub onto both sides of the filleted chicken breasts. Grill or cook in a greased skillet until cooked throughout (or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees).
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining dry rub and the pineapple juice, mix until a thick sauce forms. Brush genrously over the cooked chicken.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place half of the lettuce on the bottom half of the bun, then add the chicken, followed by the pineapple, red onion, remaining lettuce and the top of the bun. Enjoy hot.
Next time you’re strolling down the condiment aisle at Walmart, make sure to grab a few of these BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs. Not only are they a cinch to prepare, but you can easily customize them to suit your tastes. They taste great rubbed on chicken, meat and pork. What kind would you choose?
For more recipes from me go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.