Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Not sure how it happened, but Sunday has become Grilled Cheese Day at the Merkley house. Every Sunday for lunch we make Grilled cheese sandwiches, and it’s mostly because it’s an easy recipe and one that everyone in the family loves. Although the kids are happy with the standard KRAFT cheese in the buttered bread, the hubby and I like to change it up a bit. Often times, we’ll make Paninis or just “fancy” grilled cheese sandwiches with avocados and cream cheese. We recently tried a new version that has become a favorite. We made Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese. I had tried Spinach and Artichoke Taquitos and had some left over mixture, and thought they’d be good in a sandwich. We were happy to give it a try and we loved the result. The sandwiches were cheesy and tasted much like the Spinach and Artichoke French Bread we posted last month. We realize they may be a little more work than the regular grilled cheese, but they were so worth it!! In fact, I’m thinking these sandwiches would be good as appetizers too. Just cut them in four and add a toothpick, and these would be great at your next party.
Give them a try and let us know what you think. 😉
Here is the printable recipe:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup frozen, thawed and drained, spinach
- 4 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- sourdough bread slices
- Mix sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and garlic until smooth. Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Butter outside slices of bread and add a scoop of spinach/cheese mixture to bread. Spread around and fry on pan or griddle until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
If you love grilled cheese and spinach and artichoke dip, you will definitely love this sandwich!
For more yummy recipes, check out:
For all Dinner ideas go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.