Crazy quick and easy hot ham and cheese roll ups require only 3 ingredients and are ready in minutes. Just be sure you make extras!
Hot ham and cheese roll ups are the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner item. I love to serve them with something just as easy like Cheesy Zucchini Tots or Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries. They are always a hit with the kids!!
Kid-Friendly Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
When life is crazy busy, I like to rely on some of my favorite quick dinner recipes that are ones all the kids will enjoy. One of those recipes are these Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups.
My kids have always loved ham and cheese, so I thought adding them to a crescent roll (another thing they would love) would be a hit. Fortunately, I was right (for once) and everyone loved these easy roll-ups. In fact, I didn’t even make enough. I thought 2 per kid would be enough but they were all devoured instantly!
These were so soft, tasty and enjoyed by the whole crew which means we’ll definitely be making them again. This time around, we used ham with American cheese, but I’m going to try some other meat + cheese combos! I’m thinking maybe turkey and Swiss next time.
How to make Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
ASSEMBLE. Put the crescent triangles on the cookie sheet and add 2 slices of ham and 1 piece of cheese to each crescent.
ROLL. Roll up each crescent and place them with the seam facing down on the sheet. Spray the tops of the roll-ups with butter spray – this is totally optional! If you don’t have butter spray, you could brush/spoon some melted butter on top.
BAKE. Bake at 375° for 11-12 minutes.
SERVE. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top before serving (again, totally optional!) and ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
This recipe is great as an appetizer or for an easy kid friendly dinner. As mentioned before I thought 2 per person would be enough for dinner, but I should have planned 3-4 for person for a dinner. I think if serving as an appetizer with other dishes, then 2 would have been enough.
- Dip in BBQ sauce or Dijon mustard
- Brush the dough with yellow mustard or Dijon mustard before adding ham and cheese
- Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt before baking
- Sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning or parsley before baking
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also place each roll up in a fold top sandwich bag and FREEZE them together in a freezer Ziploc. Freeze for 6-8 weeks.
These are so easy to assemble and bake that I would suggest making them before serving as they also taste the best when freshly baked. However, if needed, you can bake them ahead of time and store them in the fridge or freezer.*see leftovers* Thaw before reheating in the oven or microwave.
For more simple dinner ideas, check out:
- Mini Margherita Pizzas
- Corn Dog Nuggets
- Easy Pizza Bake
- Croque Monsieur
- Cheesy Mac N Cheese
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Braid
- Spinach Roll Ups
Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Up Recipe
- 12 oz crescent rolls refrigerated
- 16 slices ham
- 4 slices cheese cut in half
- butter spray (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place triangles on foil-lined cookie sheet. Add 2 slices of ham to each triangle along with 1 piece of cheese.
- Roll up and place seam-side down on sheet. Repeat for all crescent rolls.
- Spray the tops of the roll-ups with butter spray before baking (optional). Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- If you like, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top before serving. Enjoy warm.