I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys today! It’s a recipe that is SO simple to make and one the kids absolutely loved. In fact, we’ve already made it twice this month. 😉 It’s for Hot Dog Nuggets! I had spotted a similar recipe in one of my many Paula Deen magazines and knew I had to give it a try. Hers seemed a little more complicated, so I wanted to make it more simple. Fortunately, we loved how it turned out and are excited to have a new recipe everyone in the family loves. 😉
You see, we’re not super fancy around these parts and tend to have hot dogs or corn dogs each month. Because we have them each month, I feel like it gets a little boring so I wanted to be able to try a “new version” of this classic meal and was pleased at how simple and delicious they were. In fact, they are so simple even the kids can help make them. All you really have to do is slice up the hot dogs, wrap them in small pieces of crescent dough and you’re done. Easy, right?
Here is a better shot to show you how we cut the crescent dough…
You can see that the seams are still visible but pushed together.
Cut into 8 strips.
Cut into 4 strips lengthwise. And then cut those in half…
Wrap each piece of crescent dough around the hot dog pieces and press to seal. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
These guys are so yummy and easy to make, which means I’m SURE we’ll be making them more often. 😉
If your kids love nuggets and corn dogs, then they’ll love these Corn Dog Nuggets. And SCORE for finding another simple recipe everyone loves, right?!
For video instructions:
Hot Dog Nuggets:
- 5 hot dogs
- 1 can crescent rolls
- ketchup and mustard for dipping
- Begin by preheating you oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your hot dogs into thin pieces (ours were about half inch each). Set aside.
- Roll out your crescent dough and press the seams together.
- Cut into 8 strips. Then cut lengthwise into 8 more strips. You should end up with 64 1.5 inch x .5 inch pieces.
- Wrap the hot dogs in the crescent pieces and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Serve warm. ENJOY!
For another kid-friendly recipe, check out:
And for even more recipes, check out: