Mini corn dog muffins are yummy and kid friendly. These tasty bite-size snacks are ready in under 20 minutes!
Mini Corn Dog Muffins are stuffed with cheese and hot dogs. The kids loved this dinner recipe! The kids are also sure to love Mini Deep Dish Pizzas and for a more adult take on a grilled cheese try Mini Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
Do your kids love CORN DOGS?
My kids love them, and especially my 3 year old who asks for them daily. Of course, we don’t have them daily and only have them occasionally, but I’m always keeping my eyes open for similar recipes/concoctions for great lunch and dinner ideas.
When I spotted these Mini Corn Dog Muffins I knew we had to give them a go, and they were not a disappointment. All the kids loved them, and I think the hubby was the biggest fan of all.
The muffins were a bit crumbly but I’m hoping to add some honey next time so they are a little more sticky. With the cheese on the inside, they add even more flavorful touch making these a great alternate to the classic corn dogs.
Ready in under 20 minutes!
PREP. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
MUFFINS. Prepare muffin batter as directed on package. Fill each cup of a greased mini muffin pan half way.
FILLING. Add a hot dog and cheese piece to the center of each cup and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and ENJOY!
Hot Dogs: Any kind of hot dog works. You can choose spicy flavored ones for a bit of a kick or turkey dog for a leaner treat.
Ideas, Variations + Storing
Using dips like ketchup, mustard, fry sauce can add flavor to these muffins, but you can also add flavor directly to the batter. One way to spice it up is to add chopped jalapenos or cayenne pepper to the batter. You can also use spicy flavored hot dogs. They also go really well with some of our favorite dips:
These are a perfect snack to make on game day, for new years or any other time here you want to snack on yummy foods while having fun. Some of our other favorites are:
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
You can make these ahead of time and STORE them in the fridge or freezer to be reheated for a quick snack
- REFRIGERATE in an airtight container for 3-4 days
- Place cooled muffins on a tray and then FREEZE. Once they’re solid transfer them to a freezer safe container like a Ziploc. Remove as much air as possible, label and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- REHEAT in the microwave or oven
For more delicious corn dog recipes, check out:
Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
- 1 package corn muffin mix (8.5 oz package)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 oz Velveeta cut into 18-24 pieces
- 3 beef hot dogs each cut into 8 pieces
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare muffin batter as directed on package.
- Fill each cup of a greased mini muffin pan half way.
- Add a hot dog and cheese piece to the center of each cup and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and ENJOY!
Recipe from Kraft Foods.