Avocado Grilled Cheese have a buttery crunch on the outside and a smooth cheesy center with creamy avocado for melt-in-your-mouth perfection.
A simple & tasty lunch
I LOVE simple recipes. In fact, if you’ve noticed there are very few recipes on this site that have more than 8 or so steps. The reason for this is because I love easy. There are already so many hard things in life and making recipes shouldn’t be one of those things. Yes, some recipes may be more complex than others, but overall, I try to share easy and delicious recipes that I think you’ll love.
Today’s recipe is one of those. It’s for Mini Avocado and Parmesan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. We have Grilled Cheese sandwiches at least once a week, and this recipe is a great way to change it up to make them even better. I mean, can you go wrong with adding avocados and parmesan cheese? I think not!
If you’re looking for a delicious sandwich to try that will become a new favorite – this is the recipe! It’s simple, quick, and SO yummy. It can be made with regular bread or can be made with cocktail sourdough bread making it more like an appetizer (like the picture above) making it a great party recipe. 😉
Making the perfect sandwich
ASSEMBLE. Spread butter and avocado on the insides of 2 bread pieces. Cut cheese slices to fit cocktail bread. Put one slice of cheese in between your bread. Spread butter over the top of your sandwich and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
TOAST. Place face down onto a warn skillet on medium heat. While that side is cooking, spread butter and sprinkle parmesan on the opposite side. Grill each side about 1 minute and continue flipping until golden brown.
Note. The avocado should not be as a rock, but also should not be extra mushy. It should yield to gentle pressure and the skin should be darker in color.
Variations + SToring Info
- Slice ripe avocado and use fresh-sliced tomato to make more like a panini rather than a normal grilled cheese.
- Use whole wheat bread to include more whole grains in your meal.
- Add spinach to each sandwich to get more vitamins and minerals
- Use premade mashed avocado/guacamole.
STORE leftover sandwiches in an airtight container/bag in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in a pan on medium heat. This will keep the toastiness of the bread while reheating it.
For more great recipes perfect for lunch or dinner, check out:
Mini Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices Cocktail sourdough bread or regular size sourdough bread
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 avocado mashed, or some guacamole
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut cheese slices to fit cocktail bread.
- Spread butter and avocado on the insides of 2 bread pieces.
- Put one slice of cheese in between your bread.
- Spread butter over the top of your sandwich and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place face down onto a warn skillet on medium heat. While that side is cooking, spread butter and sprinkle parmesan on the opposite side. Grill each side about 1 minute and continue flipping until golden brown.