Buffalo Chicken Bites are made from spicy buffalo chicken wrapped in buttery crescent dough and served with a tasty Bleu Cheese Ranch Dressing.
Hot and Spicy Bites
I have loved Buffalo Wings for as long as I can remember because my mom has been making them since I was young. You could call them a family favorite, especially since they show up at most family events and parties.
I also love any variety of buffalo flavored things, which is what inspired me to make these Buffalo Chicken Bites. It’s essentially buffalo chicken wrapped in a piece of crescent dough to make a hot and spicy bite-sized appetizer.
When I made them for the first time, they were really soft and filled with so much flavor that they were literally gone in minutes. Next time, I think I’ll try a different flavor like Barbecue Chicken Bites because I think those would be great too.
How to Make Them
PREP. Preheat oven to 400.
TOPPING. In a bowl combine Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon ranch mix and set aside.
DRESSING. In another bowl, make dip by mixing mayo, milk and the rest of the ranch mix. Stir in bleu cheese and refrigerate.
FILLING. Mix chicken, cheddar cheese and wing sauce in another bowl.
ASSEMBLE. Lay crescent squares out and add 1 TB of chicken mixture onto the center of each square. Pull corners together and pinch to seal. Place on greased baking sheet with the seam side down.
BAKE. Brush crescent dough with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Bake for 15-16 minutes. Serve with Bleu Cheese Ranch dressing and enjoy!
Sealing the dough: We opted to pinch the corners and bake them with the seal side down so they turned out with a smooth rounded top. However, I saw a photo of them being baked with the sealed side up which looked neat. Another picture I saw was to simply fold the dough over the chicken and seal the sides together by pressing them with a fork.
No matter which option you choose be sure that the seams are sealed so the mixture inside doesn’t ooze out when baked.
Turn up the heat: If you really love HOT wings use a hotter buffalo sauce and add some red chili flakes to the top of the dough before baking. That way, if you make different kinds, you will know which ones are the Hot ones.
Time Saving Tips
Make ahead of time:
- You can prepare the chicken filling ahead of time and keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble and bake the bites.
- You can assemble the bites, but not bake them right away. Keep them covered in the fridge for up to 2 hours before baking.
- You can bake them, cool them off and keep them in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to warm them up and serve. Thaw if frozen, heat the oven to 350°F and bake until warm throughout, about 8-10 minutes.
Another time saver is to use a cooked rotisserie chicken or canned chicken for the meat. Simply shred before using.
For more Tasty Appetizers, try:
- Spinach Puffs
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Spinach Dip Bites
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
- Corn Dog Muffins
Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp ranch salad dressing mix divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- crescent sheet cut into 2″ x 2″ sqaures
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl combine Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon ranch mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, make dip by mixing mayo, milk and the rest of the ranch mix. Stir in bleu cheese and refrigerate.
- Mix chicken, cheddar cheese and wing sauce in another bowl.
- Lay crescent squares out and add 1 TB of chicken mixture onto the center of each square. Pull corners together and pinch to seal. Place on greased baking sheet with the seam side down.
- Brush crescent dough with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes. Serve with Bleu Cheese Ranch dressing and enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home.