Crazy fast and easy to make, these pizza roll ups are oozing with cheese and pepperoni. They are tiny pockets of big flavor!
Because these come together so quickly, they are perfect for after school snacks, a quick lunch, or a fun twist on pizza night. Try dipping these in the BEST Ranch Dressing or Homemade Marinara, and pair with Arugula Salad to round off the meal.
homemade is the best way!
These freshly made pizza rolls have way more flavor!! With just a few simple ingredients you can have a warm pocket of oozing cheese and spicy pepperoni (we love to dip ours in a bowl of marinara).
Pizza rolls are such a fun and easy dinner idea, that even your kids will want to help out. The best part is they can tailor theirs to just how they like it. If they want extra cheese or no pepperoni….no problem!
Did I mention you only really need 3 ingredients?! The butter and seasoning really do take this to the next level though. It adds that extra something something that makes these crispy pockets taste like homemade perfection.
Making Pizza Roll Ups
PREP. Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
FORM. Separate crescent rolls and add a few pepperonis along with half a string cheese to the wind end of the crescent roll. Roll up, tucking in ends and place on baking sheet seam-side down. Repeat for all crescent rolls.
BAKE, GARNISH, & SERVE. Bake for about 12 minutes. Once fresh from the oven, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Enjoy warm.
Dippable: These are really good on their own, but also taste great with a dip. Of course marinara sauce add to the pizza flavor, but you can also use other dips such as:
You can add in some of your favorite pizza toppings to change these up. Be careful that you don’t overstuff them because the crescent dough may not be big enough to roll.
- Sausage crumbles, bacon bits
- Mushrooms, olives, sliced bell peppers, onions
- Hawiian roll ups: add ham and pineapple instead of pepperoni
- You can use homemade dough. Roll it out and cut it into triangles.
- Add a garlic to the melted butter to brush over the tops
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
Making Ahead & Storing
MAKE AHEAD: You can assemble the pizza rolls a few hours ahead of time. Place them on a plate and keep them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them.
You can also bake them and then FREEZE them. This makes a great snack for kids to grab on their own. Allow them to cool and then place them in a freezer safe container, separating layers with wax paper. Freeze for 1-2 months.
REHEAT them in the microwave or toaster oven.
LEFTOVERS: Store leftovers in the fridge or the freezer. Reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.
For more easy appetizers, try:
- Chicken Flautas
- Deep Fried Pickles
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Fried Ravioli
- Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Hot Dog Nuggets
Pizza Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 8 oz tube Crescent rolls
- ½ cup pepperonis mini or regular
- 4 string cheeses cut in half
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- pizza seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Separate crescent rolls and add a few pepperonis along with half a string cheese to the wind end of the crescent roll. Roll up, tucking in ends and place on baking sheet seam-side down. Repeat for all crescent rolls.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Once fresh from the oven, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Enjoy warm.