English muffin pizzas are a quick and easy meal the kids will love. They are savory, delish, and sized just right!
These dinner-time heroes can literally come together with only 4 ingredients! They are perfect for those busy nights, or hungry afternoons. For more kid approved pizza alternatives try Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese, Mini Margherita Pizzas, and Mini Deep Dish Pizzas.
In a Dinnertime Pinch?
Sometimes dinner just gets away from me, especially after a long and busy day. On those days when I need to get dinner on the table, it’s nice to have something quick and easy that requires only a few ingredients.
I try and keep pepperoni and mozzarella on hand for just these occasions. You can turn many things into a pizza! One pizza alternative that we love is the English Muffin pizza. The nooks and crannies are perfect for soaking up all all of that sauce and cheese.
These take almost no time to make, so not only are they great for a dinnertime pinch, but for feeding those hungry kids and their friends. I love to whip these up to feed the masses. They are always a huge hit!
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
PREP. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
TOAST. While oven is preheating, make sure muffins are sliced and toast in the toaster for a minute or so. This makes sure the pizza stays more crunchy and doesn’t get too soggy.
TOP. After it’s done toasting, add about ⅛ cup of sauce to each muffins. Then, top with ½ cup shredded cheese, a sprinkle of pizza seasoning and then mini pepperonis.
BAKE & SERVE. Bake for 10 minutes or so or until all cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm.
Topping Variations: A great thing about making homemade recipes is that you can adjust them to your liking. Aside from the traditional cheese and pepperoni there are so many other flavor combinations you can make:
- Sauce: Red Sauce, White Sauce
- Cheese: Mozzarella, cheddar, fontina, Gouda, Jack, provolone, swiss
- Toppings: Olives, Crumbled Sausage, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Ham, Pineapple, Chicken, Spinach, Bacon Bits
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Toasting: One trick that you can use to help keep the english muffin from getting soggy and keeping it crisp is to toast it first in the toaster until it is lightly brown.
Microwavable: Instead of making these in the oven you can put them in the toaster to crisp up the crust. Then, top them and heat them up in the microwave until the cheese is melted.
Freezable for an easy Snack: These make a really easy snack for kids to grab and reheat on their own. Allow the pizzas to cool and then place the baking sheet into the freezer. Once the english muffin pizzas are frozen, transfer them to a freezer safe airtight container. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Reheat in the microwave or toaster oven. If you want to reheat in the oven you can. Preheat the oven to 425°F and heat until warm, about 8-10 minutes.
For more pizza recipes, try:
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 6 English muffins cut in half
- ¾ cup pizza sauce store bought or homemade sauce
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning
- ½ cup mini pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, make sure muffins are sliced and toast in the toaster for a minute or so. This makes sure the pizza stays more crunchy and doesn't get too soggy.
- After it's done toasting, add about ⅛ cup of sauce to each muffins. Then, top with ½ cup shredded cheese, a sprinkle of pizza seasoning and then mini pepperonis.
- Bake for 10 minutes or so or until all cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm.