This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Bread. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Take your favorite grilled cheese sandwich and stuff it turn it into a pepperoni pizza! This fun twist on a classic is stuffed with mozzarella, pepperoni and sandwiched between two pieces of buttery garlic toast.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Pizza Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese sandwiches are a staple at our house, especially during winter and spring. They are so quick and easy to make! We’re always making them to go along with soup, or serving them with baked beans and fresh fruit. Since April is National Grilled Cheese Month (April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Day) I thought it would be fun to share a tasty twist on a classic. This version tastes just like pepperoni pizza stuffed between garlic bread and wow is it good- a family favorite! I mean, who doesn’t love pepperoni pizza?!
I used two slices of thick, soft Sara Lee®Artesano™ Bread – it’s the ORIGINAL artisan-style sliced bread. It happens to be free of high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors and colors which is always a bonus in this mom’s book. We love using it for French toast too! It’s also available in Golden Wheat, which includes a touch of honey, olive oil and sea salt!
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese:
- Take one slice of Artesano Bread and put it into a hot skillet along with some butter.
- Add a slice of mozzarella cheese, followed by pepperoni and another slice of cheese. TIP: since the pepperoni doesn’t actually cook, you’ll want to place it onto a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel and cook it for about 20-25 seconds. This will also help release a lot of the grease. Dab it off and it’s ready to go.
- Place another piece of Artesano Bread on top, then cook and flip.
- Once the cheese looks melty, spread the garlic butter on and cook on both sides for an additional 30 seconds. Remove and enjoy!
I’m all about making delicious, family-friendly recipes and this is one that we love. A few extra ingredients really take this from being a typical grilled cheese to being something you can’t stop eating! Every bite is full of melty cheese, pepperoni and of course, buttery garlic toast. YUM!
To celebrate National Grilled Cheese month, Sara Lee Bread is hosting a “Grilled Cheese Worth Celebrating Photo Sweepstakes”
- You could win $1,000 OR a year supply of Sara Lee Artesano Bread
- How to enter: post a photo on Instagram with the hashtags #ArtesanoBread and #Sweepstakes or enter via the form here>>>>
For more grilled cheese recipes, be sure to check out:
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese recipe
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled CheeseTake your favorite grilled cheese sandwich and stuff it turn it into a pepperoni pizza! This fun twist on a classic is stuffed with mozzarella, pepperoni and sandwiched between two pieces of buttery garlic toast.
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, 1/8-inch thick
- 18 slices pepperoni cooked in microwave for 20 seconds and grease dabbed off
For the garlic butter
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
In a medium skillet set over medium-low heat, add the butter and melt. Place two pieces of toast side by side.
To each slice of bread, add a slice of mozzarella, 9 pepperoni, and another slice of mozzarella. Place remaining slices of bread on top.
Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
Meanwhile, make the garlic butter. In a small microwave safe bowl, add the butter. Heat until melted. Stir in parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
Using a pastry brush, brush on both sides of grilled cheese. Cook on each side for 30 seconds. Remove, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and dip in your favorite marinara, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sara Lee Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.