Everyone’s favorite food in dip form! This pizza dip is simple, delicious, and can be customized based on your favorite pizza toppings!
As with most dips, this Pizza Dip would be great for any party or get together. For more delicious pizza recipes, try Deep Dish Mini Pizzas, Easy Pizza Bake, Cheesy Pizza Rolls, and Pizza Salad.
Pizza in dip form!
Our family loves pizza so much that every Friday is Pizza Night at our house.
Sometimes we go and pick up a pizza and other times we make our own homemade pizza (homemade can’t be beat, but let’s be honest – Friday nights are for relaxing). 😉
It’s a dish that everyone in my family loves, so when I saw a recipe for Pizza Dip in one of my mom’s old church cookbooks, I decided to give it a try.
It literally took me just a few minutes to put together. You combine all the sauce and spices and pour it into a baking dish. Top it off with cheese and your favorite toppings (we did regular and mini pepperonis), and then you bake it.
A super easy AND yummy appetizer —and it was devoured in minutes! We are definitely adding this to our go-to dip list!
How to Make Pizza Dip
PREP. Preheat oven to 350°F.
TOPPINGS. Pour cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Mix and stir until smooth and pour into 9×13 pan. Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese layer.
*Tip: The recipe calls for using a jar of pizza sauce but I know this would be even better with our own homemade pizza sauce recipe.
TOP. Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese (and other cheeses if desired – like Parmesan cheese). You can also adding any seasonings like Pizza Seasoning or Italian seasoning. This is the time to also add your toppings: Pepperoni Slices, Sausage, etc.
BAKE. Bake for 23-25 minutes (or until bubbly).
SERVE. Serve with crackers, bread sticks or pita chips. ENJOY warm!
If looking for a smaller amount to make, cut recipe in half and serve in a smaller baking dish or pie plate dish.
make it In the Crock Pot
Assemble: To make this dip in the slow cooker, add the cream cheese mixture to the bottom of the crockpot, followed by the pizza sauce, then top it with cheese.
Crispy Pepperoni: The added step is to precook the pepperoni in a skillet. This way it is nice and crisp, otherwise it will be a little limp if cooked solely in the crockpot.
Cook: Once all the layers have been assembled cover and cook on LOW heat for at least an hour.
- The Works: Pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef, ham, bacon, grilled chicken, ground pork, mushrooms, spinach, red onions, black olives, red, green and yellow bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, pineapple
- Margherita: Sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil
- Cheese: mozzarella and parmesan, but you can use your favorite cheese such as cheddar
- Sauces: classic marinara, creamy garlic parmesan, Barbecue, buffalo
- Hawaiian: ham/Canadian bacon and pineapple
- Meat lovers: pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham, bacon, seasoned pork and beef
- Supreme: pepperoni, seasoned pork, beef, mushrooms, green peppers and red bell peppers, onions
- BBQ Chicken: use BBQ Pizza Sauce instead of classic marinara and add grilled chicken
What to serve with pizza dip? We ended up serving ours with pita chips and it was great!! We like to have breadsticks at many of our Italian night dinners, so I’m thinking this dip will be great side to go with the bread. Maybe even sliced french bread? Here are even more dipping ideas:
- Tortilla chips
- Garlic bread
- Garlic Knots
- French Bread Slices
- Baguette Slices
- Bagel Chips
Can you make this ahead of time? Of course! Assemble all the ingredients in the pan as directed, but do not bake. Instead, cover and place it in the fridge. When you’re ready to bake, let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes before throwing it in the oven.
How to store? The leftover dip can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
for more party dips, try:
Pizza Dip Recipe
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni, cooked sausage, ham, bacon, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, pepper and salt. Mix until smooth and pour into a 9-x-13-inch baking dish.
- Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese mixture. Top with shredded cheese and any other desired toppings and bake for 23–25 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, breadsticks or pita chips.
Wednesday night’s in our house typically are pizza night because everyone has lots of activities going on that day. I’m using this next time!
Oh wow! Pizza in a bowl. My husband loved that I did a “meat lovers” version.
This dip is to die for!! We had some homemade bread to use with it & it was gone so fast! For some reason, pizza as a dip is just so much better!
Dips are always a favorite around our house….especially when they taste like pizza, you can change it up to what your family likes. So yummy!
THis stuff is ADDICTING! Did not last long at my house! Making it again for our super bowl party on sunday!
This is a delicious appetizer!! It’s so cheesy! It’s a great change from having pizza each week!
This is the BEST Dip EVER!!!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing pizza dip recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
This is such a great idea! I made the meat lovers version and it was a huge hit with my family, thank you for sharing
Glad you found this in your mom’s old church cookbooks. We made this with our favorite pizza toppings, it was so gooood! This is a satisfying pizza dip that every pizza lover MUST try!
The kids at our Christmas party devoured this! It’s like pizza in a bowl!
Love it !! My new go to party dip !!!