These cheesy and delicious Homemade Pizza Rolls make for the perfect appetizer. They’re filled with melty mozzarella, and topped with a yummy garlic butter, more cheese, and mini pepperonis. Everybody loves these cheesy Pizza Rolls, especially the kids!
Homemade Pizza Rolls
I can honestly say that I never get of sick of finding and trying new recipes. It’s so much fun, and I love adding these new found recipes to the monthly menu plan because it guarantees the kids won’t get bored with the same ol’ dinner ideas. Today’s recipe happens to be one that I know my kids will love for dinner but it also would be a great appetizer or side dish. They’re Cheesy Pizza Rolls (or Pizza Bites), and they taste just like delicious pizza but don’t require all the work of making homemade pizza dough.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
These Garlic Bites are actually made from refrigerated buttermilk biscuits. They’re stuffed with fresh mozzarella tossed in butter and baked to perfection! They’re also topped with cheese and pepperonis before baking, and are so addicting when served warm with marinara sauce. As anyone could imagine, they were a hit with the family and will definitely be made again!
We topped ours off with pepperoni, but any of your favorite toppings can be added. 😉
Dipped in marinara! Again – a great appetizer idea.
How to Make Pizza Rolls:
I love recipes that use canned biscuits or crescent dough because they save SO much time. Although homemade dough is delicious, I feel like the refrigerate buttermilk biscuit dough tastes just as good and cuts out so much time and effort. That’s one of the reasons these Homemade Pizza Rolls are so EASY! All you have to do is…
- Open the can of biscuits and cut each biscuit in half, then flatten and round them out. Place TWO mozzarella balls in the center and wrap the dough around it to form a ball.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and butter, then add olive oil and salt. Roll each dough ball in the butter/oil for a few seconds and then place in a mini muffin pan open side up.
- Combine the mozzarella and parmesan shredded cheese and add some on top of each dough ball, along with a few pepperonis (or whatever topping you like)!
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes and brush with remaining garlic butter from skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and basil and serve warm with marinara sauce. ENJOY!
Check out that stringy Mozzarella.
This recipe is seriously so simple and so delicious! I know there are so many different ways to serve pizza-type dishes but it’s nice to change it up from the standard triangle slice you normally get. And what kid doesn’t love the flavor of pizza?? I’m thinking these would be great for the kids at one of our next appetizer parties, which we like to have. 🙂
For more great pizza-related recipes, check out:
- Mini Margherita Pizzas
- Deep Dish Mini Pizzas
- Easy Pizza Bake
- Taco Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Pizza Knots
Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits (8 count/each)
- 32 cherry size mozzarella balls
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- mini pepperonis
- salt and basil to taste
- marinara for dipping
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Open can of biscuits, and cut each biscuit in half and then flatten and round out.
Place TWO mozzarella balls in the center and wrap the dough around it to form a ball.
In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and butter. Add olive oil and salt.
Roll each dough ball in the butter/oil for a few seconds and then place in a mini muffin pan open side up.
Combine shredded cheese and add some to each dough ball topped with a few pepperonis.
Bake for 8-10 minutes and brush with remaining garlic butter from skillet.
Sprinkle with salt and basil and serve warm with marinara sauce.