This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Adorable homemade Heart Shaped Pizza is deliciously simple. This tasty dish is ready to enjoy in only 30 minutes!
Heart Shaped Pizza is perfect for Valentine’s Day. It’s something everyone can help make, it requires minimal ingredients, and it’s ready in no time. Change up this classic using these other pizzas for inspiration: Buffalo Chicken Pizza and Chicken Alfredo Pizza!
A Valentine’s FAVORITE
My husband and kiddos LOVE pizza, so I thought it would be fun to make them a heart-shaped pizza for February 14th. They loved it!! We had such a fun time making this, and even more fun eating it.
In honor of Valentine’s Day and the season of love, some well-known chains make signature Heart Shaped Pizza available on their menu on February 14th and some during the entire month of February: Papa John’s, Fresh Brothers in California, Papa Murphy’s, Hungry Howies, Mountain Mikes, Marco’s Pizza, CPK (California Pizza Kitchen), Buca di Beppo, Peter Piper Pizza, Pizza Hut, Round Table Pizza, and Lou Malnati’s in Chicago sells them through Amazon.
In my opinion, one of the best places to get a Heart Shaped Pizza is from YOUR OWN KITCHEN.
- It can be made-to-order with exactly what you like on top of your pizza because you’re the chef.
- It’s an inexpensive Valentine’s Day option that is super fun and delicious.
- Roll your fresh pizza dough into thicker or thin crust pizzas. Make it as big or small as you’d like.
Serve this sweetheart special at a romantic date night with your partner, or have fun making them with your kids.
HOW TO MAKE Heart Shaped Pizza
PREP. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper, set aside.
PEPPERONI. Fold each pepperoni in half and cut them into heart shapes using kitchen shears. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and microwave for 15 seconds on high. Dab any excess grease off, set aside.
DOUGH. Lightly flour a surface, and roll dough into the shape of a heart, about 16 inches tall. Fold edges over and press to create the crust.
Transfer the pizza dough to a prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, then dock the crust with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming.
BLIND BAKE. Place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
TOPPINGS. Remove and spread sauce over top, then add Mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
BAKE. Return to the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the pepperoni is crispy. Remove from the oven and top with fresh parsley or basil, if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
SERVE. Just like a regular round pizza, we typically slice Heart Shaped Pizza into triangles, even if they aren’t perfect. Squares will also work.
Wow your guests with heart-shaped thin-crust pizzas. Use these tips to create the perfect one-topping Heart-Shaped Pizza.
Blind Bake. Sometimes called pre-baking, it is the process of partially or fully baking a pie crust or other pastry/dough without the filling. Blind baking a pie crust is necessary when it will be filled with an unbaked filling such as with pudding or cream pies.
We partially blind-baked this pizza crust so it will be sturdy before adding the toppings. We often do this when making pizza. This is perfect for original crust pizzas, deep dish pizza, or a thin crust base.
Pizza recipe quick links:
Easy clean up. Placing a piece of parchment paper on the pan will help keep it from sticking. Spraying the pan with oil and spreading some cornmeal on top will also work.
While we stuck with a one-topping pizza, there are many ways to make this pizza your own! Here are a few suggestions.
Sauce. Using a different sauce or topping is the easiest way to change up this pizza.
Extra. Add extra cheese or sauce at no additional charge.
Toppings. Use the heart pepperoni to make a 1-topping heart-shaped pizza or add additional toppings such as ham, sausage, bacon, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers, and more.
Use some of these other pizzas as inspiration to change it up:
What to serve with pizza
Since most people like to make this Heart-shaped pie on special occasions like Valentine’s Day, we wanted to share a few more recipes to make it complete and festive.
Don’t forget dessert!
For some pink and festive desserts, try:
Ditch carryout and make this yummy Valentines Day Pizza at home! Skip the limited-time offers or sweet deal menus at the local pizza places and dine-in with this entree all year long. That’s a sweetheart of a deal!
STORE. Store leftovers in a Ziploc bag in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat Valentines Heart Shaped Pizza in the microwave or in the oven on a low setting.
FREEZE. To freeze unbaked, increase the amount of yeast by ¼ teaspoon. This will help compensate for any yeast that dies while frozen.
- Prepare the dough and add the toppings, but don’t bake it yet!
- Flash-freeze it with all the toppings on it.
- Once frozen, double-wrap it in plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil.
- Label and lay the pizza(s) flat in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Bake from frozen until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
For more pizza recipes:
Heart Shaped Pizza Recipe
- 1 ball pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 30 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or basil *optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Fold each pepperoni in half and cut it into heart shapes using kitchen shears. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and microwave for 15 seconds on high. Dab any excess grease off, set aside.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough into a heart shape, about 16 inches tall. Fold edges over and press to create the crust.
- Transfer the pizza dough to a prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, then dock the crust with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming.
- Place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes. Remove and spread sauce over top, then add cheese and pepperoni.
- Return to the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the pepperoni is crispy. Remove from the oven and top with fresh parsley or basil, if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
For more great recipes from Natalie, head to Life Made Simple Bakes.