Hey guys – it’s me, Lily!!
Did you have a good Saturday? I did!! Today, we had a garage sale. Some friends joined in on the garage sale. While the mommies sold stuff, all the daddies watched us kids play. We had a lot of fun!
Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is coming so quick?! Because it’s coming up, we’ve been thinking of pink and red treats to make for the special day. We saw this delicious Strawberry Sheet Cake on Pinterest (from this blog) and knew we had to make it!! It was so, so, so good! My favorite part is the frosting! It was so tasty I wanted to gobble it up. Everyone in my family loved it. My dad says it has the best frosting he’s ever tasted on a cake. I already can’t wait until we can make it again.
I really think you’ll love this recipe!! It is a new favorite. 🙂
The cake mix.
The strawberry batter.
The best frosting – EVER!
I think this recipe is great all year long. I think next time we’ll try a cherry version!!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more yummy sheet cake recipes, try:
- Lemon Sheet Cake
- White Texas Sheet Cake
- Best Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Lime Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Sheet Cake Bites
For more strawberry desserts, check out:
- No Bake Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Pound Cake
Strawberry Sheet Cake Recipe
- 16 oz strawberries rinsed and with tops cut off
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 oz strawberry jello
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
Preheat oven to 350.
- Begin by adding your strawberries to a blender or food process and blending. Reserve 1 cup of pureed strawberries plus an additional ¼ cup for the frosting.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Add JELL-O and 1 cup strawberry puree. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool.
- While cake is cooling make frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and strawberry puree. Frost cake. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Southern Bite.
Here’s another pink and red sheet cake you might like:
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
I really ate the slice in the picture!! It was SOO good!