Hi, it’s me Lily – again! Today is my last soccer game, and I’m super duper excited. We have won most of our games, and most of the people on my team are at my school so I see them there too. I’ll be sad soccer is ending, but I had so much fun playing!
Speaking of things ending, school ends next week. Our end of the year party is this Thursday and it’s Star Wars theme. My mom is helping and she bought pool noodles so we could make light sabers. It’s going to be so much fun!! I’m really sad to say bye to my friends, but I’m excited to make new friends in Arizona. 😉
Today, I want to share with you a new recipe for Lime Sheet Cake. Remember the Lemon Sheet Cake, Strawberry Sheet Cake and Cherry Sheet Cake we’ve shared over the last few months? My mom is on sheet cake fix, so we tried one with limes. I really like limes, so I thought it was delicious!!
This Lime Cake is perfect any time of the year, but we especially love it in the summer time.
For video instructions, check out:
Here is the printable recipe…
Lime Sheet Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients on box)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 - 3 oz. package lime instant JELLO gelatin mix
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 TB lime juice (you can use more if you want more lemon taste)
- a few teaspoons lime zest
- 1-2 TB milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add white cake mix and gelatin mix to a medium bowl.
- Add the ingredients on the back of the cake mix box and lime juice. Beat until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 11x16 pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let cool.
- While cake is cooling make frosting by creaming together butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, lime juice, lime zest and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cake and ENJOY!
If you like this cake, you’ll definitely want to try this one:
For more fruity cakes, check out:
BEHIND THE SCENES ON LILLUNA.COM: