Who here loves PIZZA?!
Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone that didn’t like pizza. It’s just SO good!! Since it’s one of those foods that everyone loves, we have it once a week in our family. Usually, we will go and pick up a $5 Hot N Ready from Little Caesars, but often times we will make homemade pizza or something similar. I wanted to try a new “pizza” recipe and spotted this recipe for Mini Margherita Pizzas from Kraft Foods. I love tomatoes and small, bite-sized foods so we gave it a try and it was a hit with the whole family. Not all the kids like tomatoes, so we were sure to give them the mini pizzas that only had a few on them. What I loved most is that the kids loved making them too. They had a blast using the circle cookie cutter to cut circle dough pieces. Now, I admit that you can just keep the pizza whole and not make them mini, but we liked the change of pace and I was happy to try something new. Sometimes things just get boring and the kids seem to like to change things up once in a while.
For a simple lunch or dinner idea (or even as an appetizer at a party), I think you’ll enjoy these Mini Margherita Pizzas. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- garlic salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 TB Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle. Use a small circle cookie cutter or a glass to cut out 20 round pizza doughs. Re-roll scraps and cut out dough and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and top with tomato mixture.
- Bake for 8 to 10 min. or until edges of crusts are golden brown. ENJOY!
Recipe from Kraft Foods.
I think I’ll add some fresh Mozzarella to these next time I make them and even some Balsamic Vinaigrette for a Caprese version!
For more bite-sized recipes, check out:
For all Dinner ideas go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!