This delicious Caprese Flatbread Pizza is filled with mozzarella, tomato, basil, and topped with a balsamic glaze. It’s quick and easy to make, and tastes just like the recipe at Disney World!!
A Disney World Copycat
This is a copycat recipe for a Flatbread Caprese Pizza. It comes from Pinocchio Village Haus’ at Magic Kingdom in Disney World. The first time we ever went to Disney World and tried this recipe, we instantly fell in love with it. I enjoyed it so much that I took a picture and knew I wanted to try a copycat version to have it home.
I’m happy to report that not only was the Disney recipe SUPER easy to duplicate, but it tasted just like it!! Even my hubby who is not a huge fan of balsamic glaze thought it was really good and asked for me to add it to the meal rotation. 😉
What is flatbread? Flatbread is basically bread without yeast or other leavening agent. Naan, tortillas, piadina are all types of flatbread. Flat bread can be used in all sorts of ways. It can be used to dip in sauces and soups, for sandwiches and, in this case, PIZZA!
Unlike regular pizza crust that rises with yeast, this flatbread remains thin and crisp when baked. Also, due to the lack of yeast, flatbread pizza takes less time to prepare and bake.
How to Make Caprese flatbread
The amount of each ingredient varies based on how many/much you are making. We bought a 4-pack of flatbread from the store and even changed up the ingredients based on who was eating it (my husband likes very little pizza sauce and LOTS of cheese; I like a decent amount of sauce and not as much cheese). 😉
PREP. Begin by preheating your oven to 400.
TOPPINGS. Add pizza sauce to your flatbread (however much you like). Slice your tomatoes and add 6 to each flatbread. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
BAKE. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until cheese is bubble.
SERVE. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and basil. Enjoy warm!
Balsamic Glaze: You can most likely find balsamic glaze near the vinegar section of the grocery store. You can also make your own by following these steps:
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix balsamic vinegar and brown sugar (4 parts vinegar to 1 part sugar). Heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes until the mixture reduces by half.
Variations, Making Ahead, + Storing
Switch up the recipe with any of these variations:
- For an extra crisp crust, or if you are using homemade dough, bake it un-topped for 4-5 minutes, add toppings and bake for the remaining time and until the cheese has melted.
- Add garlic: I love garlic flavored crust. Simply peel and smash one clove of garlic. Use the raw open clove to rub all over the plain flatbread then add toppings.
- Instead of sliced tomatoes under the cheese use different colored cherry tomatoes. Cut them in half and place them cut side up on top of the cheese then bake.
Make ahead: Due to the fresh tomatoes I do not suggest assembling the pizza and freezing it to be baked later. You can buy/make the flatbread ahead of time and keep it wrapped in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw, top and bake.
Storage: Store leftover flatbread pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave, or eat cold!
For more Disney copycat recipes, check out:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers
- Disneyland Dole Whips
- Copycat Churros
- Homemade Funnel Cakes
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Hand-Dipped Corn Dogs
- Apple Pie Caramel Apples
Caprese Pizza Recipe
- pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tomato
- balsamic glaze
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400.
- Add pizza sauce to your flatbread (however much you like).
- Slice your tomatoes and add 6 to each flatbread. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until cheese is bubble.
- Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and basil. ENJOY warm.