This recipe is inspired by one of our favorite Disneyland foods – Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers from Bengal Barbecue! These skewers only require 4 ingredients and take less than 10 minutes on the grill!
If you love asparagus as much as we do, then you’ll love our Parmesan Asparagus and our Asparagus Rolls.
Disneyland is by far our family’s favorite spot to vacation because it’s place we all enjoy! The hubby and I feel like all our cares melt away when we’re there and we can focus on just enjoying our family and having fun together. Disneyland truly is magical!!
Today, I’m sharing a copycat recipe from one of our favorite spots at Disney – Bengal Barbecue. It’s right across the way from the Indiana Jones ride, and is our favorite spot to grab some delicious skewers, particularly the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewers aka Safari Skewers.
If you have never been to Bengal Barbecue, I highly suggest stopping by next time you’re about to board the Jungle Cruise. They have a variety of skewers, and all are amazing. We love the bacon and asparagus version because it’s a light snack and one we can have between meals at the park.
We love these skwewers so much, we had to try a version at home, and I’m so glad we did because this recipe tastes just like it!! Just 4 ingredients are needed for these babies, so give them a go! We think you’ll love them just as much as we do.
How to make it
Making this asparagus is so easy!
It only takes about 10 minutes to prep and the rest is the grilling part! Not bad for such a delicious recipe. 😉
Begin by wrapping ⅓ part bacon around each piece of asparagus and sprinkle with a bit of olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
From there you will add about 5 pieces of asparagus to each skewer. Then grill until the bacon is cooked!
A few more things to keep in mind when grilling.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 10-15 minutes before adding the wrapped asparagus. This helps keep the skewers from burning.
- Use thin cut bacon. Aside from taking longer to cook thick bacon can easily burn before it’s done and the asparagus gets overcooked.
Alternative cooking: If you don’t want to fire up the grill you can use the oven or a griddle.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the skewers on a pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for 8-10 minutes per side, or until the bacon is cooked through. To crisp up the bacon, place them under the broiler for about 30 seconds per side. Be careful that they don’t burn.
- Griddle: Heat your electric griddle to about 350 degrees F. Place skewers on the griddle and cook until bacon is crisp on both sides. Be cautious of the oil splatters.
We placed these on the grill with the bottoms of the skewers out so we could easily rotate them.
Make ahead: You can easily prepare this dish the day before. Cover the plate of skewered asparagus with plastic wrap or foil and keep in the fridge.
Storage: Leftover asparagus should be placed in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat under the broiler in the oven.
For more favorite Disney recipes, check out:
My mouth is watering just looking at these guys!! They were seriously so tasty! They were so easy to make and didn’t take long at all. We ended up cooking ours on the grill for about 8 minutes, but time may differ depending on your grill. I think this means we have another Copycat Disneyland recipe in the books!!
For more asparagus recipes, check out:
- Cream Cheese and Parmesan Asparagus
- Asparagus Bundles
- Lemon and Asparagus Pasta
- Parmesan Baked Asparagus
- Asparagus Salad
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 10 slices bacon
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Cut the ends off of your asparagus and then cut in half.
- Cut your bacon in thirds. Wrap a piece of bacon around each asparagus and place on pan with it faced down.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- Place 5 pieces of asparagus on each skewer.
- Grill until Bacon is cooked (about 6-8 minutes)
Love your recipes but do wonder if the amount of flour differs when using Canadian flour as it is a different consistency than the flour in U.S?
I am unsure. I would check online 🙂
beautiful recipes for summer
We have no summer her in London
Many thanks for your yummy ideas
These are a must when we go to Disneyland! Oh, they are so good! SO excited to make these & surprise my family!
Two of my favorites wrapped in one! These are the yummiest appetizer and never last long!
Needed an appetizer that wasn’t all cheese and found this! It was a perfect appetizer at Thanksgiving and it went so well with homemade ranch. You can never go wrong with bacon.
Made these on the grill last night and they were SO GOOD. We just grilled them at the same temperature we were grilling our chicken, and turned up the heat a little bit at the end to crisp up the bacon. It turned out perfect!!
See More Comments