This next recipe I am sharing today is one that quickly became a favorite. My mom tried this Asparagus Bundles Recipe from Trisha Yearwood, and the family immediately declared that it should be added to the regular side dish rotation. Yes, we’re pretty big fans of asparagus, and if you’ve ever had this recipe you would be too.
Not sure how much better it can get to wrap yummy bacon around an already yummy veggie. Seriously, my friends. I promise you will love these Asparagus Bundles if you give them a try. I have them on the menu for next week – YUM!
The recipe calls for butter, brown sugar soy sauce and more… how can you go wrong, right? 😉
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus (ends trimmed off)
- 12 slices bacon
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 TB soy sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Separate asparagus into 12 bundles.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle and secure with a toothpick.
- Place bundles in a casserole dish.
- In a small pot, combine butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then pour over the asparagus bundles.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
For more yummy side dishes that would be perfect for Thanksgiving coming up or any other meal, be sure to check out:MY OTHER RECIPES
For all side dish recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂