This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Juicy and delicious meat, easily made in your slow cooker! This crock pot brisket is so tender it just falls apart.
Delicious Slow Cooker Brisket
What is Brisket? Brisket is a fatty tough cut of meat found under the first 5 ribs. It is used to make corned beef, pastrami and silverside. It also makes a wonderful slow cooked meat dish and can be found in practically every good BBQ joint.
Brisket is typically sold in two different cuts: flat and point. Go for the flat cut if they have it because the thick fat cap will aid in giving more flavor to your brisket.
We love to make brisket for family dinners, holidays, and special occasions. It is a fancy dish, but so simple to make. Just put all the ingredients in your slow cooker and cook it for 8-10 hours. The crock pot does all the work and the result is the most tender piece of meat! Serve your crock pot brisket on the side of mashed potatoes or your favorite roasted vegetables.
How to Cook Brisket in Crock Pot
PUT IT IN. Place the brisket in the crock pot. Sprinkle the onion soup mix, garlic powder, and brown sugar over the top of the brisket, and massage gently into the meat. Pour the chili sauce over the top making sure to cover the meat completely.
COOK. Turn on the slow cooker and cook the brisket on low heat for 8 – 10 hours. Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and slice it against the grain. Pour the sauce over the brisket slices to serve. It’s that easy!
Instant Pot Instructions: Place the brisket in the Instant Pot, fat side up. Sprinkle with onion garlic brown sugar. Massage into the meat then add the chili sauce over the top.Cook on high pressure for 80-90 minutes, then let naturally release for 15 minutes before manually releasing the rest of the pressure.
BEEF BRISKET Tips
Here are a few things to remember when cooking up brisket…
- Don’t trim the fat. The fat will help give flavor and keep moisture. You can remove any fat AFTER it has been cooked.
- Browning the brisket before putting it in the slow cooker is not necessary, but you can choose to if you want.
- Allow the brisket to rest for 10-20 minutes before cutting
- When cutting: cut across the grain
OH – and try not to eat the whole slab of meat… it’s addicting!
How to Store, Side Ideas + More
Storage: Crock pot brisket can be served right away, but is also quite good the next day too. Be sure to place brisket AND the juices into an airtight container and store in the fridge until reheating. Leftover brisket can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
Raw brisket can last in the fridge for up to 8 days or for up to 12 months in the freezer. (Wrap tightly in plastic then again with foil or freezer paper)
How much to make per person? I would recommend ½ pound per person then add 2 lbs to that total to account for those who wish to take a little more.
What should I serve with crock pot brisket?
- Homemade Mac N Cheese
- Oven Roasted Red Potato
- Easy Coleslaw
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
For more slow cooker dishes, try:
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Ham
- Crock Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
- Crock Pot Roast With Potatoes And Carrots
Crock Pot Brisket Recipe
- 1 (3 pound) beef brisket
- 1 (2-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles Heinz chili sauce
- Place the brisket in the crock pot. Sprinkle the onion soup mix, garlic powder, and brown sugar over the top of the brisket, and massage gently into the meat. Pour the chili sauce over the top, covering the meat completely.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours. Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and slice against the grain. Pour the sauce over the brisket slices to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.