The BEST Cream Puff Cake ever!! A cake version of the popular cream puff, it has a puffy crust, pudding and whipped cream layers and often drizzled in chocolate.
Cream Puff Cake DESSERT
This next recipe I am sharing with you today is an ALL-TIME favorite desserts!!
I have my mom make it for my birthday each year, because it’s my favorite, and I’ll tell you why I LOVE it so much. It’s because it’s like a GIANT Cream Puff, and I LOVE Cream Puffs!!
If you like them too, then I promise you will love this Cream Puff Cake Recipe. It’s the perfect combination of crust, cream and pudding, and I think I could eat it all day long. 🙂
How to Make Cream Puff Cake
This cake is easier to make than you’d think. The crust is the hardest part and that’s not very hard either – it just takes getting used to.
To make the crust, boil the margarine and water in a pot. Add flour and mix well. Remove from heat and add eggs – ONE AT A TIME (this is important). Mix well and spread into a greased 9×13 dish.
Bake the crust at 400 for 30 minutes. The crust will puff up the sides, which is what you want. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix pudding milk and cream cheese. beat until lumps disappear. Pour into your cream puff crust. Top with whipped cream and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup. We love to drizzle it with our homemade chocolate fudge sauce.
Can this be made ahead of time? You can make cream puff cake ahead of time. Up until you add the whipped cream, this can be covered and placed in the fridge up to 24 hours in advance. If you don’t want to mess up the whipped cream with Saran Wrap, just leave that off until right before serving.
How long does Cream Puff Cake last? Covered and stored in the fridge, this cream puff cake can last up to 5 days in the fridge. Just be sure to keep it refrigerated when not being used because the dairy products need to stay cool.
Can you use Cool Whip instead of Whipped Cream? Cool Whip is an easy substitute for whipped cream. You can make whatever is best for you and be sure to still have some chocolate syrup on hand to drizzle over it – you won’t regret it!
For more Cake recipes, check out:
Cream Puff Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 box instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding (large box)
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Boil together the margarine and water.
- Add flour and mix well. Cool slightly and stir in eggs, ONE AT A TIME. Mix well and spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Cool completely. NOTE: Crust will spread up onto the sides, which is suppose to happen.
- In a large bowl, mix pudding, milk and cream cheese. Beat until lumps disappear. Pour into cream puff crust.
- Spread whipped cream on top of pudding and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Drizzle with chocolate syrup when serving.