Do you like RAVIOLI?? I’m not sure why, but I never tried Ravioli as a child. I always wanted to since you really can’t go wrong with pasta and cheese, but it wasn’t until recently that I actually bought it for the first time and tried making recipes with it. You may not remember the Cheesy Ravioli Bake I posted awhile back, but that was a huge hit for the family! I knew the family loved Ravioli so I decided to make some Fried Ravioli, just like we made our Fried Zucchini. Wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but I’m happy to report that it’s another KEEPER recipe (practically every recipe I share is a keeper recipe or I wouldn’t be sharing it with you guys!) My husband especially loved this recipe and with some warm Marinara sauce these bite-size beauties are hard to resist. If you’re looking for a simple appetizer or even a side dish for your Italian meal, I highly suggest trying this one out. It’s delicious!!
Here is the recipe:
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 package store bought ravioli
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil to medium heat.
- Throw 10 Raviolis in a bowl of milk. Make sure all sides get wet.
- From there add to a a gallon bag that is filled with breadcrumbs. Shake around.
- Fry until golden brown. Place on a plate with paper towel to help drain oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Repeat process until all the pieces are breaded and fried. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
I ended up not breading the raviolis in flour like I usually do with my zucchini since it already has a pasta layer, and I didn’t want it more dense. They turned out perfect and were so addicting!! I’m thinking I needed to make these again (and soon!)
For more great recipes perfect for your pasta dishes, try these favorites:
Those all look amazing!!
For all Appetizers go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂