This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Cheesy Baked Ravioli is a quick, simple, and delicious dinner recipe that the whole family loves! It’s so cheesy and so tasty!
Baked ravioli is up there at the top of our Easy Pasta Recipes like our favorite Baked Spaghetti. Not only is it kid-friendly, but it only takes 30 minutes and 4 ingredients which means it’s mom-friendly too.
A recipe for busy people (yes, you)
I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t NOT a busy time of year.
Because life is just so busy, I NEED quick recipes on hand for when I don’t have the time or energy to make a weeknight meal.
And I’m not talking about quick 3-minute ramen noodles – I’m talking quick, but still substantial and satisfying. That’s where this baked ravioli comes in.
My family loves pasta (and cheese, of course), so I knew that they would love this baked ravioli recipe. It only took minutes to put together, but it turned out delicious!! Even the hubby and I couldn’t resist grabbing seconds.
Only 4 ingredients!
It looks and tastes like a fancy casserole/pasta bake, but I’ll let you in on a secret – there are literally 4 ingredients inside this ravioli bake.
- refrigerated ravioli
- pasta sauce (whatever kind you love)
- mozzarella cheese
PREP. Preheat oven to 400°F.
RAVIOLI. Cook ravioli as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
SAUCE. In a medium/large pot, mix pasta sauce, and basil and cook on medium heat until heated through (about 4-6 minutes). Add cooked ravioli and mix well.
BAKE. Pour into a 9×13 pan. Top with cheese and bake for 12 minutes. ENJOY!
You can be a dinner hero in 20 minutes.
Ravioli. Italian sausage ravioli, cheese ravioli, or veggie-filled ravioli can easily replace beef ravioli. Use refrigerated or frozen ravioli and boil them according to package directions.
- Veggies. Add a layer of veggies like spinach or stir in chopped peppers or onions to change up the flavors.
- Spice it up by adding red chili flakes.
- Cheese. Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese or ricotta cheese in the mixture.
- Seasoning. Enhance the dish’s flavor by replacing 1 teaspoon of dried basil with 1 tablespoon of fresh basil.
Making AHead and Storing
Make ahead of time. Assemble it a day or two in advance, bake it, and store any leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 more days.
STORE. Baked ravioli casserole can last in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Freezer meal. This dish makes a great freezer meal. Multiply the ingredients and make two or three at a time or divide the ingredients into smaller-sized pans.
Freeze in a disposable casserole baking dish to spare yourself a few minutes down the road!
- Undercook the pasta just a bit to keep it from getting mushy when thawed.
- Add the pasta to the sauce. Allow it to cool and sprinkle on the cheese
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap then again with aluminum foil. Label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in the fridge and bake according to directions until hot and bubbly.
If you are like me and love having easy, quick dinner recipes on hand, I suggest giving this easy ravioli bake a go. It’s delicious and with your favorite pasta sauce, ravioli, and plenty of cheese, you really can’t go wrong!
We love to pair this recipe with:
You can use either! Just boil the ravioli according to the directions on the package.
This is an awesome make ahead meal! You can cook the ravioli, add the sauce and cheese, and stick it in the fridge to bake later on. It’s also a great freezer meal. See the section titled, “Making Ahead and Storing” for details.
For more baked pasta dishes, try:
- Creamy Sausage Penne Bake
- Easy Baked Ziti
- Pasta Bake
- Chicken Asparagus Pasta Bake
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
Baked Ravioli Recipe
- 20 oz cheese-filled ravioli refrigerated
- 26 oz pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook ravioli as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium/large pot, mix pasta sauce, and basil and cook on medium heat until heated through (about 4-6 minutes). Add cooked ravioli and mix well.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan. Top with cheese and bake for 12 minutes. ENJOY!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.