Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes also topped with cheese, bacon, sour cream and green onions. These microwave sweet potatoes are simple and quick and perfect for dinner any night or as a side dish.
MICROWAVE Sweet Potatoes
I’m not joking when I say that today’s recipe has me drooling. We made these about a month ago for the first time and the hubby and I LOVED them. The recipe for these Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes comes from my friend, Amy, in Texas.
She shared this recipe and we’ve been hooked ever since. We have always loved sweet potatoes (these Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes and Sweet Potato Soup recipes are favorites) but to fill them with some of the best ingredients (hello – pork, bacon, cheese + sour cream) made them even more delicious.
If you haven’t tried microwave sweet potatoes, you must. Not only are they quick and simple, but they are so delicious!! For this recipe, I headed to the produce section at the grocery store and found out that they have separate sweet potatoes for microwaving, but no need to get those – regular sweet potatoes will do!
Can you microwave regular sweet potatoes?
Yes – of course! That is what we did for this recipe.
To microwave your sweet potatoes, just pierce the skin about 5-6 times. From there, place it on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel for venting and microwave for 3-5 minutes (depending on the size of your sweet potato).
When that’s done, turn the sweet potato over, rewet towel, cover and microwave for an addition 3-5 minutes.
Quick and easy!
You can bake these sweet potatoes but it usually takes about 35-45 minutes baking them at 400. We definitely think the microwave route is the best way to go. 😉
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Once you have your sweet potatoes done, you can cut a slit in the stop and fill it with all of your favorite ingredients. The options are endless on what you use to stuff these bad boys, but we love adding:
- shredded meats – pork, chicken and beef are all great!
- cheese – we love Cheddar but crumbled blue/feta, grated Parmesan all work great too!
- baked potato toppings – butter, sour cream, green onions/chives
- seasonings – salt, pepper and any other favorites
Just like a potato bar, setting up a sweet potato bar would be great too! Have all the toppings laid out and everyone will love making their own custom stuffed sweet potato recipe.
Whether you are having these for a side dish or main dish – anyone who loves sweet potatoes will love these stuffed versions. They’re simple, quick and great any night!
For more sweet potato recipes, check out:
- Sweet Potato Skins
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Soup
Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- green onion
- Rinse potatoes and poke holes in potatoes to allow for venting.
- Place potatoes on glass plate, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 3-5 minutes.
- Then, turn over, rewet towel and microwave for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- One done cut a slit in the top of the potato and add pork, cheese, bacon, sour cream and green onions.