Hey guys! Kellyn again with another tried and true recipe to add to your Pinterest board. 🙂
I’ve discussed this before, but I’m saying it again – I LOVE bbq sauce! My mom makes a mean pulled pork. It’s usually one of our favorites during the summer time, but in my opinion, it should be eaten all year long! That’s why I wanted to share this unique twist on pulled pork with you today. These loaded pulled pork cups were a big hit with everyone who tried them! Something about the crunch of the hash browns filled with juicy pork made them irresistible. The original recipe called for bacon bits on the top, but we thought it was perfect without. We think they’d be a hit at a Super Bowl party or even a barbecue.
Try them out and let us know what you think. Here is the printable recipe…
Loaded Pulled Pork Cups Recipe
- 20 oz shredded hash brown potatoes refirgerated
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg whites beaten
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2-3 cups barbecued pork cooked and shredded
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- minced chives
- Mix together your hash browns, parmesan cheese, egg whites and seasonings in a large bowl. Divide among 18 well-greased muffin cups; form a cup by pressing into bottoms and up the sides.
- Bake at 450 for 22-25 minutes until edges are golden brown. Carefully run a knife around the sides of each cup and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
- Meanwhile, prepare pulled pork.
- Sprinkle cheese into cups. Top each with pork, sour cream and bacon. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Adapted from Taste of Home.
We filled up the cupcake tin with hash browns.
Cooked them until they were crispy.
Voila – delicious potato cups filled with shredded pork!
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 18
ANY CHANGES MADE: omitted the bacon
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more delicious recipes like this one, check out these:
For all Appetizers go HERE.
For all recipes on the site go HERE.